1966 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm usually in the 60 forum but I have a 40 question.

Is the 66 FJ40 more desireable than the other years? I remember somewhere along the way I have heard this but I'm can't remember exactly why.

It may be that I just made it up, maybe you guys can help me clear this up.

Thanks

Is the 66 FJ40 more desireable than the other years

Perhaps to some.

I prefer the pre-1970 trucks, but that is because I like the earlier trucks, unless it is a 1983/84 40 series. :lol:

I remember somewhere along the way I have heard this but I'm can't remember exactly why.

It may be that I just made it up, maybe you guys can help me clear this up.

Thanks

I cannot see why a 1966 would be more desirable over a 1965 or 1975.

You probably made it up… :smokin:

I have a '65 titled as a '66 and I think it is the very best LC!!!! Of course it has a '77 motor, 4WDB, 4 speed/Orion, fine-splined rear, etc, etc;)
Very little is '65 anymore. The only thing that is really great is the thickness of the sheetmetal which is not really unique.

Ed

One reason maybe for a lot of states including Arizona, the year 1966 is the newest car you can own that doesnt have to be tested for emissions.

Thanks,

Stuff starts to blend together.

Sure miss my 82 FJ40 more fun than a 60!, went to a guy in Cali!

I would say that emissions exemption makes a car more valuable. In Washington i have my 68 registered as a collector vehicle and i only had to pay one registration fee and I never have to pay again there are driving restrictions but its not a dd so no worries to me. I might have a hard time explaining to a cop that a rusty old land cruiser with big tires and a v8 is a collector item but i will take my chances.

Older ones aparently had better-thicker sheet metal . My 66 was rust free when I got it , although I had to upgrade the running gear . Im a better wrencher than body man .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom