Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, this is the way I'm reading this: I have INS-1746 on my firewall.

If I am using the Lokar Indicator Sending Module, this is the module that also sends the signal to the LED indicator ring that lights up and shows what gear it is in.

If I am using that Sending module in conjuction with INS-1746 I do not need to hook up the NSS on the shifter. The signal is being sent through those 5 multie colored wires that are now hooked up to the matching colored wires on the barrier strip.

I imagine the sending indicator module is electroniclly telling it not to start vs the NSS switch on the shifter is mechanical.

In hind sight, I see that I did probably not need the relay, I could have ran it through the NSS on the shifter. But, since I have the relay on the firewall, I am going to run the purple wire through that relay and it should perform the same function as if I were to run it through the NSS. Does this makes sense, I think I describe the way I understand it accurately??

Appreciate the feedback and info, this is good stuff :)

Matt

Sorry if this is drudging up an OLD topic...I actually stumbled across this thread searching on Google...If I am reading this right, the Lokar relay that you have posted up here WILL SERVE as BOTH a neutral safety switch AAAAAND back up light relay????
Im SMACK DAB in the middle of wiring my FJ40 with the Lokar shifter. I have the NSS that is ON the shifter itself which I think WOULD be a good idea to hook up, but I ALSO wanna run the reverse lamps that I have cut into my rear bumper/ x member. It seems that with that switch that is on the shifter, you can ONLY do ONE or the OTHER. I NEED both.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

k

There is a difference between the switch that comes with the lokar shifter and the sending module that Matt posted above. One just does n/s and one does all gears, if I'm understanding correctly. The sending module is an additional item.

Like this

http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/GSS-1000-LOK.pdf

Last edited:
Help,,,,,,

Hi guys can someone help me I can't seem to post any pic ,I have tons of fj40/45 photos all from Madeira but I can't seem to post any .Is there some restriction?

Hey @buckroseau - I note in your sig line you speak of a troopy getting Americanized. Where is the thread, pray tell?

Troopy thread is here.

Not a full build thread like the LV, but like most of Matt's work, he still accomplishes more in a week on his trucks than most of us do in a year.

It's a slow go

Looks like I'll have to relocate the AC compressor also

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3361.JPG

Came across this build thread 4 days ago and have spent that time reading through all 150 pages. Talk about being late to the party.

Thanks for all the documentation, really appreciate it.

The scary thing is everyone is now 10 years older including the LV. How is it doing?

Just curious, what is one thing you would do differently if you had the chance to do it all again? ( and no the 40$ triangular window weatherstrip does not count)

all the best
Mo

Came across this build thread 4 days ago and have spent that time reading through all 150 pages. Talk about being late to the party.

Thanks for all the documentation, really appreciate it.

The scary thing is everyone is now 10 years older including the LV. How is it doing?

Just curious, what is one thing you would do differently if you had the chance to do it all again? ( and no the 40$ triangular window weatherstrip does not count)

all the best
Mo

I believe he sold it shortly after he finished it. Not sure if bc he didn’t care for the way it drove or someone offered $$. Maybe both. We will likely never know bc I don’t think he posts anymore.

I believe he sold it shortly after he finished it. Not sure if bc he didn’t care for the way it drove or someone offered $$. Maybe both. We will likely never know bc I don’t think he posts anymore.

cool. thanks for that. all the best to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom