1965 FJ40 Belt size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1965 FJ40 and I can't find a reference for the belt size. The local auto store says 43 inches without AC and 41 inches with AC but I don't really trust them. I'm sure there is someone in this group that knows exactly. Please help. Best regards, Tim

Original 1f engine? Original water pump and pulley? There was no factory A/C in 1965...

I went with a Gates 13A1090 before I found out that Toyota still stocks the OEM belt. Just over 43" and just over .5" wide. If you are non-stock, get some string and measure it.

Original 1f engine? Original water pump and pulley? There was no factory A/C in 1965...

While not factory Toyota did have a deal with a company in the us to provide A/C for the 40 series to their dealers. Technical bulletin is dated 1963. Never seen one but certainly would like to. Unlike the Eaton heater the A/C was obviously not that popular.

While not factory Toyota did have a deal with a company in the us to provide A/C for the 40 series to their dealers. Technical bulletin is dated 1963. Never seen one but certainly would like to. Unlike the Eaton heater the A/C was obviously not that popular.

Oh wow, you just gave me a rabbit hole to head down.

Is your motor stock or have aftermarket AC ? If it's stock, just get the belt form Toyota. Same belt on the F motors.

Is your motor stock or have aftermarket AC ? If it's stock, just get the belt form Toyota. Same belt on the F motors.

Just don't tell them it's for a 65 so you can save time when the kid behind the counter trys to convince you Toyota didn't make a Land Cruiser before 3/69. I also see two different belts used depending on if it has a 40 amp or 55.amp alternator. 65 good chance it's a 40 amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom