1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and then the rain came.......
20190803_130612.jpg
20190803_140551.jpg
20190803_140018.jpg
20190803_135951.jpg
20190803_140924.jpg

So how did those new wipers work? :p

Luckily I wasn't driving it when it was raining. It poured at the show and again on the drive home (61 on trailer). By the time I got back, everything was dry though.

Nice pics bud. Were you the only 40 there?

So you had the mount bracket and added the mirror? Great idea. Looking at that bracket if someone would trace one it would be easy to replicate and then do like you did and add a third party mirror which is probably better than OEM anyhow.

Yes, I had the oem mirror mount. Curious what the stock mirror head measures in comparison to my replacement.

Yes, I had the oem mirror mount. Curious what the stock mirror head measures in comparison to my replacement.
I’ll measure the one on my red 45 and let you know

I talked with the owner of the 77. He lives somewhat near me but not super close. He told me he imported it from the UAE. Said he also has a 75 series troopy (I think thats what he told me).

I did some investigating. Sounds like that is the guy. I am horrible with names and pretty much forget instantly....lol

Yeah, yeah, it's me... just reading through your thread in my spare moments today. About halfway thru then I saw that my name got mentioned.

Pretty fortuitous meeting taking our trucks out for a quick grocery trip. I need to use the 40 more casually, more often. :cool:

I don’t know, using a cruiser for grocery shopping, what are the Heep guys gunna say? 😛

Yeah, yeah, it's me... just reading through your thread in my spare moments today. About halfway thru then I saw that my name got mentioned.

Pretty fortuitous meeting taking our trucks out for a quick grocery trip. I need to use the 40 more casually, more often. :cool:

For some reason I thought you were in the East valley? I'm in the West valley when I'm in the town. Looking forward to meeting you on the Casner Mountain trip. While not where we are at this time of year the climate is the same.

JackA - thanks for posting this thread. Its been a great read.

This winter I am starting to work on my 1961 FJ40 #10790. The goal is to do something similar to you. Focus on making it drive-able without doing anything to it that can't be undone for a future full restoration. The truck is mostly complete for parts and has the original F engine and 3 spd column shift drivetrain. The truck was an heirloom in a placer gold mining family and spent its life at remote mines in Alaska, Yukon and British Columbia. Originally red and then rattled canned camo for hunting by the PO.

Pictures are not the best quality but figured I would share.

1.jpg

2.jpeg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Cool deal. Thanks for your response and pix. Your dash pix answered a question I had. I am missing the tire pressure plaque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom