$19.5 for a 345k '96... wow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyFish

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
twitter.com
The going rate for a clean nicely modded 345k locked & armored '96 is $19,500.

At this point I've bought 4 locked FZJ80's and haven't spent over 8k for any one of them.

It's a nicely put together truck though, and completely ready to go. Nicely sold.

Last edited:
They had a 94 with lift and 33's the other day with 237k go for 18500. Lockers as well.

Last edited:
If you can do a reserve I might throw mine up there for S&G's at 65k and see what happens lol. Maybe i'll break even Haha.

With an online auction what prevents the seller from shill bidding? Some of these auctions lately has made me suspect of this happening. I saw a fj40 sell for 50k recently on bat. Now it's on ebay about a month later. Also even if the auction ends, the highest bidder can still back out Correct? I'm curious what percentage of these auction deals actually go all the way.

Clean looking truck (up top).

Love the raw dog underside photos with a chopped exhaust and mud all over :flipoff2:
Dang Darrel
With an online auction what prevents the seller from shill bidding? Some of these auctions lately has made me suspect of this happening. I saw a fj40 sell for 50k recently on bat. Now it's on ebay about a month later. Also even if the auction ends, the highest bidder can still back out Correct? I'm curious what percentage of these auction deals actually go all the way.

Don’t forget the buyer has to pay 5% on top
Of the hammer price as well on bat

Interesting. I know the buyer well. He has several 80's already, from daily driver to parts donor. I'll have to see what his intentions are.

The other interesting thing is mine is set up very similarly, except it's got an LS2 and 4l60e, which adds maybe $10k to the total. However, I've got much more in the truck than potential sale price would recover.

This one was listed on MUD last year for $22k, not sure what it sold for though. It did sell as I was keeping in touch with seller because I was considering buying but didn't have a vehicle sold to purchase.

If you can do a reserve I might throw mine up there for S&G's at 65k and see what happens lol. Maybe i'll break even Haha.

Bring a Trailer is very curated. There's no mechanism for self-posting and they're pretty picky. They'll also negotiate your reserve with you before they agree to list it.

Does make me nervous in a musical chairs sense, the music is about to stop and I hope the chair I've got lasts a while... I doubt the insurance company would put much stock in these types of prices when negotiating a payout on a total loss.

I actually sold my 86 Mustang GT on Bring a Trailer in January. Anyone bidding on a vehicle has to provide a credit card. The credit card will be pre charged 5 percent of the bid price. So if a seller had someone else bidding then won the auction they would be on the hook for the 5 percent buyer fee plus the cost of the auction to the seller. The winning bidder could back out but would lose their account. Thats pretty rare actually. The flippers are scouring BaT and other sites. A friend of mine just sold his 84 SVO Mustang on BaT last month. A local Ford dealer was the winning bidder and a week later was listed on their site for 5k more than what they bought it for.

... I doubt the insurance company would put much stock in these types of prices when negotiating a payout on a total loss.

That's why you gotta go declared value, but there's a bunch of stipulations involved which is a pain in the arse so the real sweet spot for anything close to daily driver type enjoyment (~8-10K miles a year) is to find one that's been driven & well cared for, mechanically & cosmetically.

These 80s are EXTREMELY difficult to find and this BaT one above isn't one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom