15M new 4-runner question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a limited 4-Runner brand new about 7 months ago. It has just over 15M miles on it. Since the purchase, this SUV has some sort of acceleration problem? It hesitates and jerks when going from stop to move. Some days it is so annoying and other days (the days I take it back to the dealer) it doesn't happen at all. I can't stand it. Thinking about trading it in.

Any suggestions?? It is a gas hog...that's for sure.

Last edited:
thanks for replying. An ignition problem? Umm. It always happens when driving in town and stoping at stop signs or traffic lights and then pushing on the gas. It jerks (like a bucking horse) and then starts to drive. It happens over and over again. VERY UNPLEASANT RIDE. I'll mention it to the dealer - possible ignition problem or throtle positon sensor. Thanks. If they can't fix it - I'm getting rid of it !!!!

plugs may be bad, a common fix for jerky running engines.

Thanks KyleT. I have an appt with the dealer this thursday. I'm leaving it there until they fix it. If they can't fix it then it has to go. This will be the third time I took it back in for this problem. Plugs...I'll mention that. Thx!

plug wires could be the culprit also if they are old or mouse chewed they could be shorting out or skipping to other wires

good luck

dan

just looked again... new truck...TPS

the tech at the dealer needs to hook up a fuel pressure gauge, and to hook a scan tool to monitor tps load value, and to monitor misfires.
Also using the scan tool to monitor injector pulse.
all this can be done while driving. when the problem happens, the tech will analyze the equipment and dertermine the problem.

it may be helpful if you rode with him, to pinpoint the problem.
drop the thing off with them, dont wait, it is more comfortale for the tech, knowing hes not pressed for time, like he would be if you were waiting.
plus youd rather be sitting in your lazyboy, than the stinky guest waiting room.

if the thing has less than 10K, the company will listen to your experince based on the comments you give them. and use that info to rate the dealer.
Dealer i worked for called it CSI. Customer Service Index.

Basically, if you arent happy, they arent happy.
but dont use against them, use it to your advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom