13-BT BJ74 Looking for advice - starter - connections (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
My first post here. I am currently trying to fix a starting issue on BJ74 - 13BT.

When try to start the car, it doesn't turn over. All lights come on inside the and i have recently replaced the battery and starter relay unit behind the battery.
I have also tried hitting the starter with a bar, and still no go. I only have a few other options left, which is to check the wiring and see if power is running to starter at all or find out what these relay are for ?
Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

277688899_304031228483218_7917685121142291667_n.jpg

277372899_691098838706629_9201962892406872129_n.jpeg

I know you said the battery is new, but have you put a meter on it or had it tested?

Don’t think they have any kind of neutral safety switch. Auto or Manual trans?
Have you pulled the starter and wired it up and tried to jump start it on the table?

Its an auto and no i haven't tested the meter on the battery yet @Pz10420
Would the first picture be the solenoid for the starter ?
I am yet to pull out the starter and wire it up for a jump start. May as well re condition it while its out.

All the connections look subject to me.
It looks like corrosion on the wires and those crimp on connectors are mediocre at best.
Do you have a Multi meter ? Like others have said start with the battery work your way from there.
IMHO all the rusty components should be replaced along with the those crimp on connectors if you want a reliable system.

I don’t recognize any of the devices in your photos. I have a 24V JDM though. The item in the first pic could be a starter relay… the wiring connections look big.
Not sure about the New Era box.

I’d follow Broski’s advice.

All the connections look subject to me.
It looks like corrosion on the wires and those crimp on connectors are mediocre at best.
Do you have a Multi meter ? Like others have said start with the battery work your way from there.
IMHO all the rusty components should be replaced along with the those crimp on connectors if you want a reliable system.
Yeah agree, i'm trying to source out something similar locally. Hopefully it's just the wiring components and the wiring that needs work.
I did a meter reading on the connections going into the solenoid, but wasn't getting anything from the output.

Hello, back again. So i've connected the wire from the starter to the battery to see if it would turn over, and it did but not enough to start the engine. I am suspecting that the wiring from the ignition has an issue, but can't locate which path it is taking to get to the relay. Any ideas?
Thanks

Do you mean the starter is spinning too slow to start the engine?
Or does it turn it over briefly then run of of juice?

Did you bypass the ignition switch to get the starter to spin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom