12HT Stall/Cutting Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I have a 1988 HJ61, and my 12HT when driving along and putting the clutch in at around 2000-3000 rpm drops right down to 400/450rpm and nearly stalls out.

A few times it actually has stalled out especially coming down a hill and pushing the clutch in, also nearly dies when reversing and jumping on the brakes to essentially (jolt) her will also make it nearly die?

Any input would be fantastic cheers! Hopefully the video link works. (The video is me jolting the truck to make it ‘drop revs’)

unexpected and intermittent engine shut off? One possibility is the fusible link is going bad. Replace that and monitor results? You may get more responses if you put this in the 24v/diesel section.

unexpected and intermittent engine shut off? One possibility is the fusible link is going bad. Replace that and monitor results? You may get more responses if you put this in the 24v/diesel section.
Hi Kevin thanks for the forum tip, I’m new to posting so I’m not really good with it yet! As for the shut off, only happens when I put the clutch in sometimes from 2000-3000rpm say, also does the romp romp romp when cold if I don’t use the hand throttle.

Thank goodness for the hand throttle cold start hack…lots of us have inoperable bsv(?) valve that initiates the higher idle on startup. Maybe fusible link isn’t the issue if it’s clutch centric.

Thank goodness for the hand throttle cold start hack…lots of us have inoperable bsv(?) valve that initiates the higher idle on startup. Maybe fusible link isn’t the issue if it’s clutch centric.
Thanks again Kevin, I’ll do some more digging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom