12HT air con help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Long time stalking, first time posting in the diesel area. I've got an '84 HJ60 with a 12HT, all 24v system. The original engine was the 2H but the previous owner swapped it for the 12HT. When they did the swap they didn't put any AC components back in, so I have no AC. The original 2H had AC so everything on the interior is there. I'd love to get the AC back as its too damn hot to not have one (this is my daily driver). Any vast knowledge around here to piece this together? What parts I need, or can even find? Or do I go a different route? This topic could possibly go in the 60-series area too but I'll try here first. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Need to find the engine AC brackets for the 12HT. They are the same as the 2H. You should check if you have a the vgroove for AC belt on crankshaft. If not you will need that as well. @TeamJB maybe of help in sourcing brackets/ hardware.

Thanks @ceylonfj40nut

Right now, I don't have complete set. Only have 88431 and 88433.

images (5).jpeg

I'll check the crankshaft tonight. There is a bracket currently on the engine. I'll get a pic for reference. What else? Keep it coming please.

Fj62 AC compressor from Napa works. You need to get a cover plate for the compressor that has the line size nipples to connect the AC hoses to the compressor. This does not come with the compressors usually. Also need drier and condenser. You also need to have new hoses made for which should be done last after all components are installed. Make sure you 12v power from the harness to the compressor to fire the compressor clutch. I would remove the evaporator housing in he cab to see if it needs to cleaned. Usually filthy. I would replace all the o-rings in the entire system before you charge it. Convert to r134 refrigerant while doing this.

Hi all. Back again. I've found a compressor. Now I need to source a condensor. Anyone have recommendations where to look? Or know anyone how is getting rid of one? I'm slooooowly getting the pieces together.

I might think the Alternator adjustment bracket is different from A/C to non-A/C

I might think the Alternator adjustment bracket is different from A/C to non-A/C
It originally had AC, but the previous owner removed it all. So the bracket is there, just trying to source the parts to get it running again.

I just saw your response in the classified's section. Just trying to get the full picture of your A/C situation.

Your truck has all of the interior A/C components, but was missing some of the components in the engine bay, correct? So right now you have the evaporator/box and all controls in the interior, plus the engine bracket for the 12HT. And you just sourced a compressor.

If that is correct, all you need is a condenser and a receiver/drier. A regular Denso condenser and drier from an FJ60 should work. And they're readily available from RockAuto. At that point, you would need is to fabricate lines, which any local A/C shop can do.

Also, depending on the status of your A/C compressor, you may need a compressor manifold so you can attach the lines to the compressor. As mentioned above, most new compressors come with a "blank" manifold. Here is a 1HZ compressor with a "blank" manifold blockoff plate.

Blank-Manifold.jpg

You need a Toyota manifold or an adapter to run your lines.

Manifold-Adapter.jpg

Bingo, that's exactly what I got going on! If those are universal that is a massive help. I'll get to searching for those items. Looks like RockAuto is my first stop. I DO need to find that adapter though. Mine compressor has that same blank. Big, big help. Thanks!

Bingo, that's exactly what I got going on! If those are universal that is a massive help. I'll get to searching for those items. Looks like RockAuto is my first stop. I DO need to find that adapter though. Mine compressor has that same blank. Big, big help. Thanks!
Post a pic of your compressor and I can help with the adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom