12H-T intercooler install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm shopping for an IC and don't want to sacrifice the hood latch. I may just omit the AC condenser and I don't need a tranny cooler as I have a manual transmission.

You can see it in that last photo, I have my hood latch reinstalled on a piece of flat bar. It also holds the top of the IC.

Intercooler going in. It's a bit of a pain, I will need to relocate some AC lines and I am going to buy a new, long and skinny transmission cooler to go just above the intercooler. It's not bolted up yet, but it is getting close.

From the turbo. Not much clearance on this side with the alt and AC lines.
intercooler002.jpg

Piping coming out the front:
intercooler001.jpg

intercooler in:
intercooler005.jpg

bottom valance on:
intercooler007.jpg

grill back on:
intercooler008.jpg

the down pipe my buddy Kieth made for me. the piping fits inside so we can tig it from there and still have room for the bolts. It is beveled on the inside to go ftom the 2" ID stock flange to the 2.5" OD piping.
intercooler004.jpg

intercooler003.jpg
I'm looking to do the same thing, install an intercooler for the Cummins 6BT5.9 engine. I have an '86 FJ60 and want to place the intercooler in front of the AC "radiator". Can you tell me if the grill went on with or without stock connections and which intercooler did you use.
Thanks,

In case you missed mine, it’s in my signature line. I saved the hood latch, in fact it works better
than before. I would recommend finding a 2 1/2” thick IC instead of my 3”. That 1/2” would
have been a saving grace. Grill had to be ground down significantly, be ready for that or some
made up homegrown thing.
I seem to share the exact numbers Dude posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom