120 series Photos! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What front bumper is that? Looks great
rear too!
removed skin, and precision bending and welding? it looks great! Can you show a closer picture of how the hitch integrates with the stock bumper beam/frame member? That's not a Yota pintle hitch, right? Is that custom? did you cut the rear frame member for an insert to sleeve in deep enough? Or is that MT's high tuck bolted on to stock mounting?

So many questions ;)
I see so many details!!

Down in NV.

Checking out Mt. Charleston area.

View attachment 2663461

View attachment 2663462

View attachment 2663463

View attachment 2663464

maybe someone will need them, rear lights from the Prado 120, I can find, $150 + delivery $45 for a pair of OEM Toyota.

05BAF51D-2B0E-476D-BC6B-C84B8220BEEC.jpeg

3B1E91CF-40D5-44A5-9A84-F86826D06E4F.png

maybe someone will need them, rear lights from the Prado 120, I can find, $150 + delivery $45 for a pair of OEM Toyota

Thanks for the comments fellas.

The front bumper is a Lil Bees bumper I picked up in CO. a about three years ago.

Now that I have my tubing bender set up, I'm toying with a new design so I may be changing it soon.

The rear bumper is my own creation. I have a few more items to finish on it before I call it "done" but it was at a point I could mount it for a road trip so here it sits.

The rear cross member is still intact. The hitch is a Metaltech high tuck. I'm actually going to be notching the crossmember and cutting a passage to allow full length hitches with it.
The tubing also extends to the frame just behind the rear wheels. There it bolts into the frame with plate steel.
These bends actually follow the contour of the body, minus 3" of sheet metal where the factory vent flaps sit. Those were cut away and I formed new sheet metal to give 3 extra inches of clearance below the bumper and an extra inch of room for the wheel to tuck.
The sheet metal was a pain in the ass weld!
I don't have many pictures now, but once it's all done and I've plated the top and sides of the bumper, I'll make a post about it.

20210412_172107.jpg

20210412_121947.jpg

20210412_100704.jpg

20210415_115642.jpg

20210415_195958.jpg

Thanks for the comments fellas.

The front bumper is a Lil Bees bumper I picked up in CO. a about three years ago.

Now that I have my tubing bender set up, I'm toying with a new design so I may be changing it soon.

The rear bumper is my own creation. I have a few more items to finish on it before I call it "done" but it was at a point I could mount it for a road trip so here it sits.

The rear cross member is still intact. The hitch is a Metaltech high tuck. I'm actually going to be notching the crossmember and cutting a passage to allow full length hitches with it.
The tubing also extends to the frame just behind the rear wheels. There it bolts into the frame with plate steel.
These bends actually follow the contour of the body, minus 3" of sheet metal where the factory vent flaps sit. Those were cut away and I formed new sheet metal to give 3 extra inches of clearance below the bumper and an extra inch of room for the wheel to tuck.
The sheet metal was a pain in the ass weld!
I don't have many pictures now, but once it's all done and I've plated the top and sides of the bumper, I'll make a post about it.

View attachment 2663833

View attachment 2663834

View attachment 2663835

View attachment 2663836

View attachment 2663837
Looks great. I wondered if it might be a lil b's. I just barely trimmed my factory rear bumper last night in preparation for a lift and 35's. In the future I'd like to do something similar to what you're doing.

IMG_20210502_212846.jpg

I was up north of Odgen.
Went to Eden, Huntsville, Antelope Island, and found a random trail up off a ski slope that was closed.

I'm planning to hit Moab next month. I'll reach out for some trail ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom