120 Series General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As always, a big thanks to Chris and the crew at 49 Tire for a scratch-free install and perfect balance of my new wheels. These are FN "f Pro" wheels that are based on the Toyota TRD Pro wheels, but are 1" wider than the TRDs and have an offset specifically designed for lifted 120s with wider tires. Running 285s on my factory Lexus wheels, I had to run 1.25" wheel spacers. These do away with that requirement.
Wheels 1.JPG

Wheels 2.JPG

Badass, David.

Thanks for the biz @dnp. John did a good job on the install and balance.
I so love the look of this truck. I also REALLY like the wheels but the laces out is a @Bodean thing.

That thing is itchin for a snorkel.

David, have you seen that FrontRunner has a rack system that mounts to stock racks? Basically you could get one rack and move it from vehicle to vehicle as needed.
No, I haven't seen that. I'll have to look into it, because a rack IS my next purchase for this truck......

Also, for anyone else who may want to stick their toe into the 120 pool:

2004 Lexus gx 470

Looks like a non-nav also. Not a bad deal.......I'm sure they'll take less.

dnp you are my hero! Thanks for rockin' those laces out bro! Looks fantastic! Lori needs one of those!

dnp you are my hero! Thanks for rockin' those laces out bro! Looks fantastic! Lori needs one of those!
HA! Thanks. Yeah, I've always preferred laces-out (ALWAYS on American stuff).....you just broke the ice for us who prefer them! :hillbilly:

a 470 may be in my future when the seq dies. 3rd row and dvd are so appealing. not sure I could deal with smaller cargo area. Is the nav a big issue? No apprehensions jumping into one with 200k miles?

a 470 may be in my future when the seq dies. 3rd row and dvd are so appealing. not sure I could deal with smaller cargo area. Is the nav a big issue? No apprehensions jumping into one with 200k miles?
Nav's not a big issue, it's just that (a) the nav is usually out of date, which requires the purchase of a ridiculously-priced update disc from Lexus (b) if the nav screen were ever to go out, you'd lose control over HVAC, Audio, etc., and (c) non-nav gives you the option of installing any type of contemporary double DIN radio.

My non-nav sound system easily sounds as good as the Mark Levinson we had in our first GX.

David, I am finally at a computer to look this up....the FrontRunner stock mounting system.

I really doesnt save much money from what I can tell but like I said, it makes the rack mobile.

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/roof-racks/factory-roof-rail-rack-kits.html

If not, I am sure the rails that they sent me for the Sequoia would work on that truck too. Just decided the width and length you want and order it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom