100 vs. 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok... First I am totally not trying to stir the debate. I do want to understand better. So really this question is for the guys that have had both the 80 and the 100 and actually turn their own wrench.

There is a lot of talk over the differences between the front suspension on the two. I understand the limits the IFS has when it comes to lifts. My question is about the differences in working on them and field servicing them.
Today was my first time replacing a CV axle on my driver side. I knew it was leaking a while back and decided to buy a OEM axle, replace one side with the new, rebuild the pulled one and replace the other side. Now for my first time, It took my about 2 hours. I took my time and the hardest thing I ran into was bleeding the brakes.... ( I had to press them during the process which meant I had to release the presure to get the Calipers to fit back on the rotor). Other than that it was amazingly simple.

What is it about a 80 SFA that is so much easier to work on? What is it about the SFA beyond the lift benifits that makes it so much better.

Again, I am only trying to understand the differences in the front suspension. I dont want to focus on lift and overall size between the two. I have always been under the understanding there are huge differences in ability to work on the two.... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom