100 Series Valve Cover Gasket WrIte up - 2001LC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Almost done with driver side. 1/4 worked better then 3/8. However one of the bolts for one of the attachments dropped into the bay, where the starter is. I tried to find it using light and magnet but no luck. Should I be worried about it ?
One of the first cars i had, over several years i probably lost 5 different sockets somewhere in the engine bay. I was always so stressed about it but nothing ever happened. These days there's usually a lot foul language and I'm more mad about losing tools. I wouldn't worry unless it's inside the engine or something crazy

since each side has a different part number, is it easy to tell which seal goes where? is "left side" the driver side on US cruisers?

@StickyNotorious Hey man, I just snapped a very old bolt off in the 9-slot on the drivers side valve cover... do you have any advise/input on trying to get that out of there? I've never had to address something like this and figured see if you had any guidance. Thanks for any help!
how did you snap it off if I may ask? power ratchet or just from turning it out with socket wrench by hand? thanks. I'm lookin at this job, and trying to avoid nightmares.

how did you snap it off if I may ask? power ratchet or just from turning it out with socket wrench by hand? thanks. I'm lookin at this job, and trying to avoid nightmares.
I actually remember this one being an oddly light amount of force and then snapping off. Not sure if it was some sort of anomalous fatigue on the bolt, or it had been abused prior to my ownership. I do remember the threads were less than smooth when extracting and reinstalling the new bolt (I think this was the job that gave me an excuse to buy a good tap and die, if IIRC).

Long story short, there was something else going on there on my particular rig, so as long as yours is torqued and maintained properly, you should be A-OK.

I actually remember this one being an oddly light amount of force and then snapping off. Not sure if it was some sort of anomalous fatigue on the bolt, or it had been abused prior to my ownership. I do remember the threads were less than smooth when extracting and reinstalling the new bolt (I think this was the job that gave me an excuse to buy a good tap and die, if IIRC).

Long story short, there was something else going on there on my particular rig, so as long as yours is torqued and maintained properly, you should be A-OK.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom