100 series OEM shock life (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just curious, so I did a search to see if a lot of owners were replacing their OEM shocks because they failed or just started riding bad. Found some owners upgrading to OME and other shocks but never stated it was because the OEM shocks were bad. Just wondering how many owners have the original shocks still on their LC and how many miles they have on them without the need to replace them?

SWUtah said:
I was just curious, so I did a search to see if a lot of owners were replacing their OEM shocks because they failed or just started riding bad. Found some owners upgrading to OME and other shocks but never stated it was because the OEM shocks were bad. Just wondering how many owners have the original shocks still on their LC and how many miles they have on them without the need to replace them?

I replaced my OE shocks at around 74,000 miles with OME`s ...the originals were still fine, I just figured I`d do the shocks (at the same time) as my T-bars/Springs.

Changed to Bilsteins at about 70 or 80k.

122k original shocks.

swaped to OME at 80K, the OEM ones apeared to be OK still

106k - Original Shocks. Rides and drives great.

I have 78k on mine and I am questioning whether or not I should change them, the rears anyway. I just recently started getting a wavey outside edge on my right rear tire. I had the tires rebalanced and rotated and I feel the other tire starting to have te same affect. I am thinking the right rear shock is going bad.

212K original shocks in my ride ..

i know some people 300K+ on the OEM shocks .. still fine

that dependse on how you ride the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom