100 Series - Nav, Radio and Climate stays powered with vehicle off and locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2007 learned a new trick today. After using the remote to unlock the vehicle to load groceries in the back, I noticed the Nav and Radio turned on without the ignition being turned on or even having the key in. Once I got home this escalated to not turning off at all, all features controlled from the center dash console, Nav, radio, defrost, rear air, etc stay powered even with the vehicle off and key pulled. Has anyone encountered this before? Were you able to resolve it and how?

Did everything eventually turn off automatically after a few minutes? I wonder if this could be due to residual charge from somewhere or if the battery has been trickle charged for a long period of time.

Did everything eventually turn off automatically after a few minutes? I wonder if this could be due to residual charge from somewhere or if the battery has been trickle charged for a long period of time.
Unfortunately, no. I ended up disconnecting the battery and it ended up sitting for a few days before I reconnected it. After starting it, I avoided using the keyless remote to lock/unlock, as that seems to be what triggered it, the vehicle and everything seems to have gone back to normal. I’ll have to see what happens over the next few days to really know.

This morning I woke up to a drained battery myself. I jumped it and got to work. When I powered down I noticed my nav screen and radio did not. I shut down radio but the nav screen stayed on. This is what drained my battery. After work i will check out my fuses and see if there are any blown out. Praying this doesn't lead to crazy expensive repair.

This morning I woke up to a drained battery myself. I jumped it and got to work. When I powered down I noticed my nav screen and radio did not. I shut down radio but the nav screen stayed on. This is what drained my battery. After work i will check out my fuses and see if there are any blown out. Praying this doesn't lead to crazy expensive repair.
Mine hasn’t happened again. I feel the remote triggered it the first time, so I haven’t used it since 😉. I guess we’ll see how long she behaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom