100 Series Nav. Purchase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this past weekend a '99 LC. Having previously driver a '90 4Runner and a '94 4Runner, and have had a '95 Tacoma driven by a family member, I am very familiar with those vehicles.

But the navigation system in the '01 Cruiser is new to me as I hadn't previously paid attention to the trends in the build of the model.

What has been the general consensus on this new techno gadget?

And could a new unit be purchased (where?) and installed in a '99 LC? What would be the wiring experience needed for such a retrofit?

WHAT? You bought a LC without asking this forum if the price was right? No pictures?

What are you, some kind of indepedent loner or something?

Just kidding :flipoff2:

Congrats and welcome.

Sorry, I don't know anything about those new fangled nav systems. Got me an archaic '96, but you came to the right place...

Ed

[quote author=landandsea link=board=2;threadid=8281;start=msg69992#msg69992 date=1070339314]
You bought a LC without asking this forum if the price was right?[/quote]

Thank you. We need more people in this world who can make decisions on their own.

:cheers:

Pardon me if you have already, but have you considered any of the aftermarket models: Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, etc...?

My Toyota(not a cruiser) has a factory navigation system. There are things I like about it, but there are things I like better about the aftermarket Pioneer system in my sister's.

I guess if you are after the factory look, I guess there's only one way to go.

Good luck!

mot

Looked into this when I bought the 99. If you compare the wiring manauls for the two years, then I think the task is not worth it for the $'s it is going to take. More than just the head unit needs to be replaced. Also, I don't think the wiring in the 99 is there to support the unit.

Retro-fitting the OEM nav system would be cost-prohibitive.

The head unit alone is $6,483.09

And no, I did not make that up...........

D-

83910-26020, list $228.35

Radio shack sells a little digital clock with an alarm for like $20 bucks max. I double sided taped one on the dash of my 60 (the 60 didn't have a clock).

OEM is good but $228 hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom