100 Series mounting options for DIY 5/10lb onboard air tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I happily live on a unpaved, non maintained beach front road 8 km beyond pavement that crosses 3 significant arroyos, all which feature deep sand at times. So I'm considering adding an air up/down option and leaning towards using a onboard tank vs. air pump for my 100 series LC.

Pretty sure these 5 and 10 lb tanks need be to securley mounted to allow for easy access, removal along with safety. I've seen mounting hardware but unsure where to mount. I'd welcome any insight or suggestions from others with more experience on mounting options and locations. Thanks to the forum moderators for the continued help and information this forum provides.

jalitoRoad.jpg

Last edited:
A tank decreases the amount of time you spend airing up, compared to just a pump. Considerably.
So yeah, do a tank all day long.
You'll need a pump too, so it's both or just the pump.
This does however take you to another level in terms of build out.
Not sure what you're on about tho - "5 and 10lb" tanks. They are usually stated in gallons.
Unless you're repurposing a tank...Co2?...in which case your pumps max psi rate will determine how many gallons that ends up being. (CO2 and ambient air compression are different).
I run 2 pumps and a 6 gallon tank @150psi. Frankly I'd be interested in a 12 gallon tank.
But it works as-is and I just make the time to air up after a 'run' (10 mins maybe?)

I would suggest something like the Puma 12V compressor. It's a hotdog style tank, but has been very reliable. I've used mine for over 10 years now without issue. I have mine still portable, but would like to do on-board air semi permanent solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom