100 series import to US nonconforming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all

Checking to see if anyone on nere has brought 100 to US . I see its on allowable list to import just wondering what has to be changed out

From what i see is the manual option in GCC countries even 70 series have dot glass engine would be 2uz or 1fz

I can get one for next to nothing here and only pay for shipping

Doable yes. The list of items is in the federal register as part of the petition to include it in the list. It specifically only applies to ifs 100 series and not solid axle 105’s.

Doable yes. The list of items is in the federal register as part of the petition to include it in the list. It specifically only applies to ifs 100 series and not solid axle 105’s.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but can you bring in any of the IFS 100 series form 99-06 then? So a 1fz-fe, 2uz-fe and the diesel trucks can be brought in?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but can you bring in any of the IFS 100 series form 99-06 then?
Yes, but only through a Registered Importer, and only with modifications that make the vehicle NHTSA and EPA compliant (i.e. the trucks need to be brought to US spec for safety and emissions).

So a 1fz-fe, 2uz-fe and the diesel trucks can be brought in?
Yes and no. Any car with an original-to-the-vehicle motor over 21 years old, petrol or diesel, is EPA exempt and can be imported. Any car less than 21 years old is not EPA exempt, and would need to have the engine + emissions systems modified to meet US EPA specs. This is possible with the 1FZ and 2UZ motors since there are US versions of them, but because there was never a US version of the diesel motors, it's not practical to modify them for US compliance and thus they cannot be imported legally (unless, as above, they're over 21 years old).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom