100 series gets a HAM radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking forward to seeing how and where you mount it. I have been using a handheld just for local trail coms.

I'm looking forward to that also, if the damn thing ever shows up ! But the plan for now is the chassis into the center console where the Cd thing used to be and the faceplate mounted overhead where the never used sunglasses holder currently resides.

So I finally settled on some equipment and got the install done. Here is everything that I used along with the radio location. Pretty cool radio with lots of stuff that I don't know how to utilize.
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG

The thing that helped me get through the test most, was I downloaded two apps to my smart phone that have self testing features...my book didn't come until the Wednesday before the course, not near enough time to study.

looking at getting this same radio, What extra gear should I order with it as far as cables and mounting brackets?

There's a pic up above that has pretty much everything I ordered. However, the 10-13 ft of cable included with the hatch mount is not enough, 20' would have been awesome, I just used a small pigtail of RG 58. Also the connector from the face plate to the transceiver is not long enough if you mount it where I did.

I bought a cheapo Bingfu mount off of amazon and it came with 20 of coax, but you would need to cut the end off to get it through any opening....the mount itslef is cheap and I would go with the diamond (they have 2 styles of three-axis hatch mounts. The one posted has 2 set screws, I' get teh one with 4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom