100 Series Front Bumper, Slee VS ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No-Pistons, Thanks for the info! Care to post a few more pictures of the overall bumper? Is this the same TJM Slee is selling for just under 1K? Thanks

Loud, JonHaris, Any luck on this weekends little compare/contrast session.??

Dont forget about us poor midwest folks LOL...

We were too busy at the rum bar, sorry.

No Worries, If I have my way give me a few months and I will be living out there joining you guys!! Get ready...:flipoff2::beer:

Yummmmm. Rum.

No direct comparisons but I think the overall takeaway was go Slee for serious (like harder than anything the San Juan's has to offer) and if you like the slees looks, design, quality. Go ARB/TJM for better overall Bambi protection and ExPo looks. And to hell with the airbags either way.

Dan. Can you post up a new group buy? I'm in. Or I anyone has a used one ill happily buy it.

I'd be interested in coming up with a tube bumper design if there is interest. Upper protection such as a bezel hoop and headlight hoops could be added as well. I would need a 100 series to build on. I use .188 wall DOM tube on the bumpers I build. Most tube bumpers out there use .120 wall. It adds a little more weight but is far stronger in the long run.

I thought the TJM only fits 2003-2007? I have a 98 and I would like to get that bumper. Slee says theres a large gap between the grills? Although the Slee blueberry seems to be the bad ass on the block I really want more protection. Does anyone has any comments on the BIO? it looks huge!

I'd be interested in coming up with a tube bumper design if there is interest. Upper protection such as a bezel hoop and headlight hoops could be added as well. I would need a 100 series to build on. I use .188 wall DOM tube on the bumpers I build. Most tube bumpers out there use .120 wall. It adds a little more weight but is far stronger in the long run.

What do you figure a tube design for the 100 would weigh? I'm near Asheville, NC, so about an hour from you but might be willing to let you borrow my 100 for a week.

FWIW - the TJM site says the bumper has no rated recovery points. The photos show a winch hook on there so those spots may just be for that purpose vs actual recovery. Could also be they're designed for recovery but as of yet untested/rated.

Last edited:
All I see are a few scratches. Did I miss something in the photos?
yes, passenger wing bent back/in, entire bumper (and likely frame ends) bent up on passenger/down on driver side - the bumper doesn't sit level now...
What do you figure a tube design for the 100 would weigh? I'm near Asheville, NC, so about an hour from you but might be willing to let you borrow my 100 for a week.
that post is four years old, BTW...

yes, passenger wing bent back/in, entire bumper (and likely frame ends) bent up on passenger/down on driver side - the bumper doesn't sit level now...
that post is four years old, BTW...

I see it now. Not sure what else I would expect after hitting another vehicle though. Unless we're talking 5 mph. Or you're driving an Abrams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom