100 Series - CV boot clamps / bands (McMaster Carr) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status of order - request.

I placed an order online on pfranleds.com (14 April 2013) for the CV clamp kit 6 piece for (LX470). I created a username and password and paid via paypal. My payment has gone through in the amount of $20 (transaction ID# 2TF907980H7141615), but I did not receive a order confirmation from your website.

Can you provide a status of my order? My boots are leaking.

Thanks!

Any updates on my order placed last week? Paypal transaction was made as of 14 April 2013. I checked on your website and it states "Awaiting fullfilment."

Please provide an update.

Did you receive them yet?

Hi Paul, yes received them yesterday. Just in time. The 100 is the wifes people mover and kid#3 is expected to arrive within the next week!

Thanks again!

Paul,

Are you around? I sent you an email (2)...I'm getting close to being in a time pinch. It would be nice to hear back from you.

No response yet...still need a clamp kit. I'll wait a week, then I'll source my own.

Ordered these clamps from pfran42 about a month ago or so and finally got around to putting them on. Fairly easy to install and add more grease, especially with the plastic syringe. I was able to do it all while with the CVs still on the truck. I should have done this years ago when I got 35s.

So far no leaking!

Thanks!

Is this claim ring on the boots an alternate solution to the diff drop when lifting IFS?

FYI if not you can order the clamps from the McMaster-Carr website. IIRC they come in various sized packs so if you go that route you'll end up with some extras

@pfran42 I know the max torque on these is ~26 in-lbs, but do you have a recommended torque spec for installation without cutting into the boot? I finally bought new boots and am ready to install these clamps, but don't want to fubar the new boots! Thanks.

How did you all get the old clamps off? I saw the picture pfran posted with a dremel but that seems like you might accidentally damage the boot in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom