Wanted 10/82-1984 PTO Lever Bracket FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Friend of mine (non-mudder) is looking for this PTO lever bracket from a later model 40. PM me if you've got one available, thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 8.24.51 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 8.25.20 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
That style started 10/82 (83 model). The 1/79-9/82 was cable operated. The PTO changed at that time as well. The control lever moved to the front of PTO. That style also comes in two versions. 40 series the lever is taller. 11/84 the 60 series switched to a single direction. 11/84 the start of the 70 series were all single direction.

Sure you found that picture on mud. Here is the troopy it came off of.
LCRHD.jpg

Yikes! He sent me the picture, no idea where he got it but sounds like here someplace - was that your truck John?

I'll update the title for better accuracy, thanks for the info.

Yikes! He sent me the picture, no idea where he got it but sounds like here someplace - was that your truck John?

I'll update the title for better accuracy, thanks for the info.

The picture is mine. Have no issue using it. Troopy was in AZ when it got totaled. Besides the PTO lever got the PTO and driveshaft. Cast housing on the winch got destroyed in the wreck.

There are two versions. Four speed is different then five speed. Difference is minor. Four speed front top is higher. To use with a five speed just need a spacer.
IMG_20200219_133046351.jpg

To use a five speed bracket would require slightly modifying the front.
These are rare anywhere but particularly in the US. Our 79/80 FJ40 exhaust won't even allow a PTO to be used. Not sure if an PTO winch was still an option in 78. After that was never an option on any Land Cruiser. I am having to modify a 10/82-11/84 60 series with 70 series to make a second one.

@scoobiedubes is your friend in the valley? Does he have the rest just not this part? Sounds like may have a later one direction trying to make into a two direction.

Looks like a 60 series how it angles but as hard as these are too locate would be easy fix that.

And being from out of the US and on a 60 series it's from an H55.
Hello Jhon,

You might be right as I have no idea which cruiser it came off.

This PTO lever is off from a 75 series fire truck. The bracket is slightly different.

Up till now I have seen 4 different types of brackets. 😬

@TeamJB thank you, I'll forward those photos on to him and see if he wants to give it a shot... I'll PM ya too.

@Living in the Past you're an all things cruiser junky :) The guy looking for this part isn't in the US, but has helped me get some parts in the past so I'd like to finally be able to help him out with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom