#1 O2 Sensor NUT SIZE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Threads
Yeah, you'd think you could just keep "test fitting" sockets till you found one that fit.

Anyone know what size socket these were supposed to take before all of the rust and crud took over?

This is night #1 of penetrating oil soak...

Thanks

I think its a 12 metric. Maybe.

The wrench size is 12 mm. I suggest a 6 point if possible to reduce the possibility of rounding off the nuts.

Thanks, guys. I'm going to be patient with the soaking of these things, 'cause if I snap a stud off this :banana: job will quickly become over my head. ;p

I used the shock method. With the socket in place, tap on that bastard, then turn hopefully you'll loosen up some of that crud and freely turn that nut. Make sure you wear some eye protection while under there, some of that loose metal/rust crap went to my eye (ouch) and don't forget to anti-seize the threads when you re-assemble.

Maybe mine aren't OEM or maybe they're crud coated, but they took a 13mm. (I still remember thinking, "I'll be d*mned, something that's not 12 or 14!") PB Plaster worked well and fast to loosen them (WAY better than wd40); do you guys like that stuff, or maybe Kroil, or... ?

Curtis

CJF said:
Maybe mine aren't OEM or maybe they're crud coated, but they took a 13mm. (I still remember thinking, "I'll be d*mned, something that's not 12 or 14!") PB Plaster worked well and fast to loosen them (WAY better than wd40); do you guys like that stuff, or maybe Kroil, or... ?

Curtis

BTW, that's on a 91...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom