1” Lift insight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I just picked up a 2013 and was interested in giving it a slightly bigger than stock look but with stock ride quality. Lets say 1” in lift. I’m considering the OEM front coil spacers up front, and I’ve read a few different variations for the rear. I read that the HE rear springs would pop right in and give about a 1” lift over my stock rear height. But I couldn’t find a part number for those coils specifically. That would keep everything Toyota spec. Then there’s also rear spring packers.
Any insight would be useful! Thanks!

I think it's a great idea to do a mild lift while keeping all the goodness of the stock setup and legendary durability. Pair this with a tire lift, 32 or 33" tires, may give you all the visual lift you want.

Spacers can work great. Pair that with rear HE coils or a 20mm rear spring spacer, and you're golden. It's effective and low cost, and you could build upon that further as you want going forward.

Here you go - I am thinking about doing the same spring swap to my ‘21, the front OEM spacers are already installed. 🍻

48231-60E40 SPRING, COIL, REAR LH
48231-60E50 SPRING, COIL, REAR RH

One thing to potentially consider is the mileage on your stock suspension. I found my '13 was fairly tired after 100k miles. They slowly degrade over time and it is barely noticeable when you are driving it regularly. It didn't seem bad day to day, but there was a massive difference when a new suspension was installed. You may be able to get a takeoff suspension for a good deal if you can find a shop that takes them off for builds on new vehicles. Putting a take off suspension (also with front spacers and rear HE springs) on made my '13 feel like a new vehicle.

Here you go - I am thinking about doing the same spring swap to my ‘21, the front OEM spacers are already installed. 🍻

48231-60E40 SPRING, COIL, REAR LH
48231-60E50 SPRING, COIL, REAR RH
Thanks! And when I look those part numbers up should it mention HE in the description? I just read about the difference in spring height yesterday but wanted to make sure that was true about those HE springs, and that they’d pop right in on a 13. Thanks again!

I can't verify the part numbers, but they definitely interchange.

I feel the need to post my regular reminder that the HE is really the same as a base. Think of it conceptually as a sticker package - the core of the vehicle is fundamentally the same. The only real meaningful difference I've heard of is the rear cargo area seat anchor point captive nuts not being drilled out on two row models (they are still there though).

I don’t think the description for those parts says anything about HE but they have been verified by other members.

I personally dont care for lifts aesthetically but love a great suspension. IMO coilovers are the best choice. I kept stock spring and my set removed rake 0.75" lift in front. Coilovers are way better than regular shocks and springs because they feel NEW all the time. They do break eventually and need to be repaired but much nicer than sagging springs. Blisteins have a cheaper set of coilovers.

I think it's a great idea to do a mild lift while keeping all the goodness of the stock setup and legendary durability. Pair this with a tire lift, 32 or 33" tires, may give you all the visual lift you want.

Spacers can work great. Pair that with rear HE coils or a 20mm rear spring spacer, and you're golden. It's effective and low cost, and you could build upon that further as you want going forward.
TeCK do you happen to know who would sell 20mm rear spring spacers for a 13. I’m having trouble finding 200 series spacers for the rear.

As I recall, you'd stack 2x 10mm trim packer spacers and the ones for the 100 series fit the 200. But somebody should verify, I don't trust my memory.

TeCK do you happen to know who would sell 20mm rear spring spacers for a 13. I’m having trouble finding 200 series spacers for the rear.

They seem to come and go on Amazon and Ebay. I couldn't find a 20mm in a search now (found 10mm and 30mms), but there's several brands that show up regularly like SuperPro, OME, and no-names. You might try one of the supporting venders on this site to see if you can find one? I'm pretty sure 100-series spacers can work too. I haven't nailed it down, but some brands come up with the inner diameter just too small to fit over the jounce stop base, and has to be milled out with a router or something.

Yes, two of these on each side would get you 20mm:

OME80PF10​

You could also pair a 10mm and a 5mm OME spacer if you wanted.

Does anyone have a link to find 30mm rear spring spacers for the 200-series? ThNks!

i just did oem front spacers on my 2021 HE. Added 10mm spacers to rear which along w 285/65/18 Nittos gave me a very mild but perfect for me lift all around. It also kept the HE rake which i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom