1/8 inch 6x5.5 wheel spacers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am still trying to make the black rockcrawler wheels I got from 4 wheel parts clear the caliper. I picked up 1/4 inch spacer from pep boys, and it made the wheel clear the caliper, but it left me short on wheel stud threads. I took the suggestion of many on this board and took a grinder the calipers. I did not have to remove much before I will able to make them stop rubbing-- at least to my ear.

Still, I would like to have a little more clearance on the calipers-- just to be safe--and I figure a thinner spacer would work just about perfectly. Something around 1/8 would probably be perfect. I did a google search and found several 1/8 inch spacers but only for different bolt patterns- mostly 5x5.5 instead of the 6x5.5 we need.

Anybody know of a source?

If not, I guess I could use regular washers, but I think I would prefer a spacer.

And to you caliper grinders out there-- did you paint the calipers when you were done? Would regular paint work-- or do you use high temp paint?

Jared

I had to go the grinder route when putting wheels on my 78--used american racing brand. Didnt have to grind but a little and no spacer or washer was then needed. Used a little rattle can paint--not high temp and bolted wheels on. Worked great. Had no problem when I later converted the rear to disk brakes.

I just took some small, same sized washers and put them over each stud. Real shady tree I know, but worked fine. Also repainted the inside of the rim with rattle can and kept an eye for scraped paint, no problems in over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom