07 T4R, new to us, 4LO blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
my son recently bought a 1 owner 4runner from the Phoenix Valley. Most likely it has newer been in 4WD. Long story short, we took it a bit off roading on a dirt road and he shifted from 2Hi to 4HI with no issues, but curiosity got a hold of him and he had to stop and also shifted in 4LO to see how it works. Low and behold, 4LO keeps blinking yellow and cannot be stopped. I have read it might be gummed up in the actuator, and to either beat it or warm it up to get it to shift. Anything so far was to no avail.

Anyone with a good tip short of taking it to the dealer?

Hope it's not the actuator, it was a $3500 fix for a friend's 07. Lack of use seems to be the culprit. But you have 4 wheel drive working so my bet is that it is stuck. Keep trying, like for a few weeks, not just a couple of times.

Hope it's not the actuator, it was a $3500 fix for a friend's 07. Lack of use seems to be the culprit. But you have 4 wheel drive working so my bet is that it is stuck. Keep trying, like for a few weeks, not just a couple of times.
That's what I have heard as well to just keep on trying. I am not 100% sure the car is in 4WD now. I suspect it is in 2WD. I have not had the time to drive it yet as I am waiting for the registration appointment....

There are some solutions in the similar threads below.

So we had it diagnosed at the local stealership[ and it is the actuator. Which Toyota dealer give the best discounts for parts, so far I only found McGregor Toyota who gives a 34% discount.
Anyone have this item on hand actually and wants to part with it for now? Part number is

36410-35093

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom