01 Tacoma Dome LED options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've tried a few in my Taco with very little luck. They faintly glow unless the vehicle is running, and I mean so faint you have to see them in the dark to know something is happening.

I have a set that work great in my 80, some people complain are blinding. I bought a second set to put in my taco expecting the same results but had to go back to incandescent, and it really isn't very bright at all.

I would think less juice would be needed for an LED since they are at most 3w and the incandescent is listed as 25w and have gotten the same light out of a 15w.

Is this known to everyone but me and I am just wasting time?

I bought a bunch of different styles from various fleaBay China vendors until a set worked. But that was years ago.

So you are saying there is hope... I can keep trying until i figure it out. At least i know I don't have to try to find a fault somewhere.

So you are saying there is hope... I can keep trying until i figure it out. At least i know I don't have to try to find a fault somewhere.

I've got some really bright LED's in the dome lights of my 1987 X-tra cab. I can't imagine they wouldn't work in your Taco. If you want I can pull one and get the number off of it

That would be great. It isn't an emergency do no rush. Just after upgrading lights in my other vehicle it has become annoying in my taco

That would be great. It isn't an emergency do no rush. Just after upgrading lights in my other vehicle it has become annoying in my taco

Yeah you got it man!

My normal bulb broke - went back LED and now I can't seem to figure out WTH is going on. It sometimes works, sometimes only comes on when I push one of the dash lights. Sometimes it comes on when I turn the key.

I am wondering if the circuit requires a certain amount of resistance that you are either exceeding or not providing. does the DC version have anything different than the AC version of the truck?

These lights trigger from ground, but i don't think it is direct as they can be turned off after a certain period of time. I don't know if it is a special type of relay with timer or some ecu. I need to look at the FSM to see how the light is wired in.

@clx16 - Here's some pics of the LED out of my truck's dome light. Couldn't find anything on it but could point you in the right direction!

sjuW1R.jpg

eCtogM.jpg

Thank you Sir. I can likely compare pictures until i getafew candidates and then order a bunch like you did

Any updates? Were ya able to find some LED's that work?

I've tried a bunch so far and no luck. the hard part is they look the same as your's on the LED side of the board but on the back they are different and most places don't show pictures of the back side. I am still looking and when i get a set that matches what you have I am going to post the link directly to them so that everyone can upgrade like you.

I've tried a bunch so far and no luck. the hard part is they look the same as your's on the LED side of the board but on the back they are different and most places don't show pictures of the back side. I am still looking and when i get a set that matches what you have I am going to post the link directly to them so that everyone can upgrade like you.

I'll look through my book of receipts and see what I can find!

i will try to gather mine all up and get a picture of them up so that people can see which ones haven't worked. i wonder if Adding a resister would help, although adding a resister defeats the purpose of LED power usage. However the out put on my 80 is positively blinding. comes in handy.

I bought a bunch of different styles from various fleaBay China vendors until a set worked. But that was years ago.

Rummaging through my iPhone notepad I found where I saved the list for mine and the camper. 30mm bulbs are what you’ll need. The note was from January 2015 and I’ve had the same LEDs blinding me since then.

I currently use these in my 88 for dome and door courtesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom