Nostalgic air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody with any experiance with these ac units. They list one for the cruiser for 650 to 700 depending on the brackets you need looks like the same as Hot rod air or Vintage air
nostalgicairparts.com

if its just like vintage air, i'd go with vintage - tons of people use and rely on them and i know lots of people like the vintage air systems.

I have looked at the Vintage air unit and the only thing I don't like about it was that it hung under the dash about 9 in were the nostalgic air was only 5 1/2 in thick the other option for me would to buy a universal unit and install it were the heater is or glove box and plumb it to make it look factory.
has anybody else done this
Steve

I bought one of their kits a couple of months ago. I haven't had the time to put it together. One thing is that the hoses need to be cut to legnth and cripmed. Also if make sure you specify that you want the defroster vents or not. I forgot to say that but when I contacted him he mentioned that that is a $50 dollar option as he take it apart and glue/seal in the new vent. I just have to ship it back to him and pay the extra $50.

Since the vintage air replaces the factory heater, the depth of it from top to bottom is not an issue, it's much higher above the floorboard than the factory heater. What's the problem here?

The factory heater duct is about 5 in and thats what is hanging down on the passenger side with the vintage air the whole thing is not in the middle it comes across into the passenger side and the evaporator hanges down about 9 1/2 in and I'm just looking for a clean install.
Dihrdbowti could you send some pic's of the evaporator when you get a chance?

Pontiota I will try and snap some pix this week.

Doesn't sound like any vintage air I ever installed (about 15 or so ) The entire vintage unit goes from side to side of the truck, including a vent on the left side of the steering wheel. No factory parts, including the duct, are reused. Sounds like you are either seeing the wrong thing, have the wrong name, or something. It'd be impossible to have the factory duct in place with the vintage air unit. Have you looked at their website? There is no cleaner installed unit, when complete. CCot has a unit that's closer in looks to the factory one, but like the factory unit, keeps the passenger's knees frozen while the driver's left ear goes up in flames! :bounce2:

Texx
I think you are misunderstanding me I'm not asking about the vintage air unit I understand that you remove all the stock heater stuff, as a matter of fact I already have removed all of mine and I run the Vintage air heater (a must cleaner install and left me with a lot more under hood room) but a buddy of mine runs the vintage air ac and it hanges under the passenger side much lower than the heater duct ever did. I measured about 9 in under the glove box with the evaporator core and the fan being in front of the passengers knees.
The nostalgic air unit evaporator is supossed to be about 5 1/2 in thick and also replaces the heater but much thinner now you do give up the driver vent but I could probably tap off of it if I really needed a vent on the other side of the wheel for myself but this is mainly for the wifes comfort the more comfotable she is the more wheelin I get in.
Dihrdbowti
Looking forward to the pics

Okay, all the ones I used had both heat and a/c together...

Whats the differance just price Vintage Air 1,380.00 through BTB products

Brian said that thats all thay install ?

big price differance,

Is It quality ?

dont know if Id be paying for Hype ?

www.vintageair.com/

OR

Is this the new guy at a lesser price ?

Is this product crap ?

Nostalgic AIr at 700.00 direct from

www.nostalgicairparts.com/

I do not have enough experance with A/C to determine witch is a better product ?

I am looking for A/C & heater / defrost I just dont know ?

Just tring to git the best product.....JC

To be honest the price is not what attracted me is was the size
I have seen the vintage air unit first hand and I didn't like how much of it hanges down under the glove box
When you open the door and the glove box is at eye level its an eye sore.

The nostalgic air unit is much thinner than the vintage air and has all of the options except a vent on the drivers side
The price is just a bonus if its any good.

DiHrdBowTi sent me some pic on the bench of one that he bought and from the pic it look pretty good.
I was hoping he could send me some pic of it installed later

I have sean the Vintage air first handat too at BTB shop in Henderson Nv.Brian highly recomends Vintage but he has no experance with Nostalgic air,I called Nostalgic Airs HQ thy were very help full with Q&A customer service means alot to me ! pontiota you are right ,Nostalgic air looks to be a little more compact too. I am not looking at price, I just want to know the differance ? I want the best all around A/C have not seen or heard from any body on the Nostalgic air how the installation went or weather thay would recomend this product ? ;) JC

I want an FJ40 A/C system that pulls in fresh air instead of just recirculating the inside air.

I put a vinatage air unit in my 55. used stock vents and tucked it up high under the dash (not an option in a 40). Easy to install and worked very well. Awesome customer service as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom