Alternate Alternator Mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to upgrading my charging system with a Delco alternator. My current leanings are for a 94amp 12-si model. While searching for how others have mounted the common GM alternators, I never did see anything about the complexity or not of adapting these alternators to the F or 2F engine. I found a business, Quick Start Automotive Electric™ at www.alternatorparts.com and located some handy looking brackets, and an extra wide pulley to fit the LC's wide belts. I've included images of the brackets and pulley below. No, I don't work for these guys, but thought it might be useful info for people that don't have the time or tools to fab custom mounts. I'm not saying that these will work, but they look like a great place to start. The brackets are around $29, and the pulley is $19.

Hope this info helps!

Jeff
universal_alt_brkt.gif
Delco_2_Toy_alt_brkt.gif
5-8_pulley.gif

That's pretty cheap. Here's how I mounted a GM alternator to the stock 2F bracket.
DSCN01361a.jpg

I use the same redneck mod as JasonH does, works fairly well. Just hope you grind it at the right spot so it lines up correctly with the pulley :flipoff2:

GreenWeeny78 said:
I use the same redneck mod as JasonH does, works fairly well. Just hope you grind it at the right spot so it lines up correctly with the pulley :flipoff2:

Hey I told him how to do that mod.......that is premium Redneck.
:grinpimp: :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom