windshield light brackets... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a few examples at the Costal, and was wondering what other designs where out there?

thanks,
manny
light1.jpg
light2.jpg

Got mine from CCOT
I'll try to get you a beeter pic later.

I had mine mounted about as high as hoop5's but couldn't fold the windshield down with KC Lites on em. I've since moved them to Metal Tech nose guard. You can have the brackets if you want 'em. You can sorta see the brackets in the pic.

:flamingo:
2fbb.jpg

i think the first pics brackets are mounted wrong, anyone else see that?

manny, in that second picture, what does it say on the half door?

Ross is the proud owner...some of you may know him as the guy who carves all the tri-tip at Rubithon...

still wondering If I should just make some light brackets or by a set.
manny

Here's a PIC of the door:
rossDOOR.jpg

Not sure if you've seen this, but this housing I made for my front turn signal light could also be used as protection for those windshield mounted lights. I run my aux lights below the winshield, on either side of the air inlet grill for the heater, & on my front grill, out of harms way.

Last edited:
66fj40x2 said:
Okay, so the set I offered to give you isn't good enough? Fine! :grinpimp:

I was too busy checking out your truck...I didn't even read your post.

I would definitely be interested in your brackets :D

manny

mr_manny said:
I was too busy checking out your truck...I didn't even read your post.

I would definitely be interested in your brackets :D

manny
They are te Con Ferr brackets with rattle-can red on 'em, zinc plated under the paint. I'll pull 'em tonight while I'm working on the tranny. PM me for shipping info.

Mike

you have mail....

THANK YOU :D

manny

Brackets worked perfectly, thanks Mike...

manny
logrun2.jpg

I would like to wire up these babies (on the windshield frame), and was wondering what wire routing options where out there?

I am thinking of drilling a hole through the frame on both sides w/grommets.
One wire would go up along the stock early fj40 windshield wiring and split like a "Y".
One side for the drivers and send the over over to the passenger-side light (along the top of the windshield frame).

Any ideas?

manny

When I ran those, that's exactlee what I did....I also siliconed the grommets/etc to keep moisture out....

it IS possible to fish wire thru the frame and make the install very clean, but don't be in a hurry to do it....IIRC, I used a fishing weight soldered to the end of the wire and with the frame off, was able to let gravity run it over....the wires then ran thru the stock gommet where the wiper lines run.

IIRC, I also had the relay for the lights tied in with the high-beams, switched too....the switch was only hot if the high beams were on....saved my buttkiss more than once when flying down the road and had to hit the low beams for oncoming traffic (illegal, I know...lol)

A fellow cruiser suggested that It may be easier to upgrade the stock courtesy light wire...

thanks,
manny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom