AVO Turbo Fitted - 02 UZJ100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleeoffroad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.sleeoffroad.com
Well, 4 days after test fitting, making some custom parts, busting knuckles and finding out that not all 100's worldwide are the same, we have the truck back up and running and all I can say is awsome.

Below is the dyno chart with pre and post runs. Picked up 110 hp and 110 ft-lbs and that is at the wheels.

The kit was originally for a Dubai truck with some parts for the Japanese trucks thrown in. This was a test fit to determine what is needed to be changed etc etc. More news as we sort this all out, just wanted to post these number. I have tons of pictures that I can post, but the turbo is so tucked away that they do not show much.
dyno graph.jpg

Hopefully the gas mileage police won't hyjack this thread :rolleyes:

What are the stock HP figures so low? Specs show it at 235 (If I remember correctly)

350 ft-lbs at the wheels :eek: :censor:
What kind of drivetrain % loss do you think we have being full-time 4wd?
20-25% (420-440 ft-lbs) Then bring that bad boy down to me at ~500ft, :banana: :banana:

That is VERY nice Christo. :cheers:

edit: just noticed RWHP, so figure what 15-20%? Still, super sweet and with good looking curves.

Christo, that is very impressive! What was the o2 reading on the wide band? How much boost were you running? How is the fuel delivery looking, close to maxing out the fuel injectors? Is this unit using an Intercooler? If not than more HP could be attainable.
Cooool!!!
You are AWESUME!
Dean

Christo, that is very impressive!

Wan't me that did it. Just the turbo :D

> What was the o2 reading on the wide band?

I have the A/F at work. I will made chart as well. Pretty much ran 11.5's right through the power band. THis is obviously WOT on the Dyno.

> How much boost were you running?

6psi

>How is the fuel delivery looking, close to maxing out the fuel injectors?

Walbro 700 hp high output fuel pump feeding stock system with 2 extra injectors right at the throttle body. Using a secondary computer to run the extra injectors and also timing. Full fuel map editable on the fly while tuning.

>Is this unit using an Intercooler?

Yes, it has a massive plate style intercooler. Will post pics tomorrow.

> If not than more HP could be attainable.

Yes with more boost but then not sure it would be good for the motor.

sleeoffroad said:
Stock air cleaner, 3" mandrell bent exhausbt all the way. No cat at this point but O2 sensors are installed and weird thing is no check engine lights due to missing cat yet

Are you planning on making this kit street legal or not?

Thanks

Sweet!

Is the plan to have them 50 state legal???

You could sell a ton of those if they fit the Tundra too...

Exclusive US distribution rights;)

that's a WAY impressive gain Christo....rear wheel HP at 5000 ft...WOW. So how long before you think you might start selling these? What kind of effects (if any) do you think this might have on engine longevity?

Christo -

What kind of fuel injection does this system use? Stock (is this possible?)? Or replaced/integrated with some kind of programmable setup like Megasquirt? If the latter, is that all included in the kit?

Any lag?

Also, any idea on gas mileage yet? Since a turbo is much more efficient than, say, a supercharger, I'm wondering if mileage will actually go up over stock.

Thanks,

Christo,

Do I dare ask how much you think the cost would be for the complete unit and would it be reasonable for a shade tree mechanic to install it over one weekend with a couple of drunk friends?

If so (or not) how much for the installation at your shop?

Mot

Two pictures attached. Showing some of the parts of the kit and also the front with intercooler mounted. Really need one of those Japanese big mouth kits with ground effects :D

> 6psi is pretty conservative. I would like a duel stage boost controller set say ~14 psi, for the spur-of –the-monument boost to leave the “rice” cars in the dust!

Would be nice, but the 4.7 is a pretty expensive motor to trash. Also the tranny would need some work before you pump14psi through it. :) Turbo is a ball bearing Garret so it can push about 25 psi if needed.

>Are you planning on making this kit street legal or not?

It is street legal, the only reason we did not install a cat is that we did not have one on hand. There is enough space in the exhaust and underneath to install a single hi-flow cat.

As to making it 50 state legal, not sure. Since it is a single turbo, I am not sure it will pass in CA.

On the Tundra market, yes we are interested but there are a lot of little things we have to sort out to make this a easy bolt on kit for the 100 series first.

>that's a WAY impressive gain Christo....rear wheel HP at 5000 ft...WOW. So how long before you think you might start selling these? What kind of effects (if any) do you think this might have on engine longevity?
03-29-05 10:09 PM

Not sure on the time frame when we will have kits for sale. We would have to ship seafreight to make it worth it. So there is two months alone. I have to make some duplicate pipes to send to Australia to be duplicated.

> What kind of fuel injection does this system use? Stock (is this possible?)? Or replaced/integrated with some kind of programmable setup like Megasquirt? If the latter, is that all included in the kit?

Did you see the earlier post on this?

> Any lag?

No, it feels like the truck has a big block. The power band is sckewed towards the upper end, but the truck cruises really well and runs like a raped ape between 70 /100 mph. It is really cust a nice addition, with gobs of power when you really step on it.

> Also, any idea on gas mileage yet? Since a turbo is much more efficient than, say, a supercharger, I'm wondering if mileage will actually go up over stock.

Nope,

> Do I dare ask how much you think the cost would be for the complete unit and would it be reasonable for a shade tree mechanic to install it over one weekend with a couple of drunk friends?

Right now not sure. We are aware of market forces and we have to change some things and might have to compromise on others. Not bad, but one has to remember that this kit was built forf middle eastern countries (Dubai etc) where they run these trucks at full throtttle (240km/h) for 100's of miles on end. So everything is super beefy. Once could use a regular turbo and a cheaper intercooler and still gets tons of power but for less money. We are working on all these things.

> If so (or not) how much for the installation at your shop?

I suspect the install would be about 2 full days with another day for tuning. Once could bolt in on in the back yard, and we have all intentions of making it available as such, with the clients understanding what is involved. IE, tuning, blowing up motors if not done properly etc etc.
turbo_2.jpg
turbo_3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is mad. This must bury the TRD supercharger.

How does one convince the wife we need one?

sleeoffroad said:
Showing some of the parts of the kit and also the front with intercooler mounted. Really need one of those Japanese big mouth kits with ground effects :D

As to making it 50 state legal, not sure. Since it is a single turbo, I am not sure it will pass in CA.

AHA!!! You mean like that down below??? :flipoff2:

Screw Arnold :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom