01 LX climate control issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
here's the scenario,
the defog mode isn't defogging the whole window, half of the fog stays, yet the air from the defog mode vents is coming out.
when set at auto, even at 75F, the heat from the foot well is way too hot for that temp.
the fan setting seems to be operating normally in auto mode.
Is there an ecu or another device that controls the proper operation of the climate control ?
this one's with Nav, don't know if that makes a diff.
any comments would be appreciated.
thnx.

Ihave noticed on my Cruiser that the DS defrosts the window(talking about ice on the outside) faster then the PS...........kinda odd.

that's how it should be.
I just wanted to confirm that other owner's arent experiencing the abnormal behavior.
btw, what's the PS ?

Not sure I follow this. I assume you are talking about when you first get in the vehicle. On my 98, If you have the fan control on auto, vent location set to Def Def/feet, the system 1-will not wait until it is warm (like all other settings vent setting) to come on and 2-will blow HOT air until the cabin reaches (ideally) 75 degrees. The numerical marks are like a thermostat when the fan speed is placed on auto.

I do not have Navi and maybe something changed after 99??

an update,
the dealer did end up fixing something (won't tell what), and now the defogger does have air pressure from the vents, however even at setting temp around 75, the heat intensity from the vents is "too hot". if you turn the heat up to 79 or so you can actually start feeling air almost burning the skin.
the dealer won't acknowledge this problem, i am curious if this could be a problem with the climate control ecu.
any sugggestions... :confused: :mad:

checked the internal temp sensor, and it has a small pipe running to it that starts from the footwell. but the other end of the pipe is not attached to anything. It's kind of made to sit on top of the footwell.
can someone kindly let me know where that air pipe is supposed to get the air pressure from, so that the inside temprature sensor can get the right input and make the climate control function properly.
I'm referring to the inside temp. sensor that is right under where the key is next to the steering colum.

hey 470 i have the same problem i have a 99 LC and the climate control will not regulate! the temp is either hot or cold no in-between any thoughts is this what your going through?

if it is not regulating, the you should try to see if the inside tempratue sensor is operating properly.
how do you turn the heat/cold settings on ? is it only to full extremes that your conrol knob is functioning ?

as for temprature irregularity and jumpiness, here's what I have found out.
the inside temprature sensor is located right under the steering column below the key area.
it has a plastic pipe going to it that starts from the driver's side footwell.. However the end of the pipe at the footwell isnt really hooked up to anything. atleast it wasn't in mine. it's just sitting there hoping to suck some air in and travel to the sensor. otherwise the sensor is only getting the input from the tiny opening on the under dash panel.
I took the sensor out from it's locaton and moved it under the footwell next to the heat outlet for the footwell.
and it's a day and night difference. the climate control is actually behaving itself. where setting the temp around 75 actually does regulate how it should. it's not jumpy and pushing the auto setting to 75 deosnt create a baking oven environment inside.
so if anyone wants to just try to find the optimal location for the insided temprature resistor they can. to check whether or not that sensor is working, unplug the wire from the sensor and you'll see an immediate increase in the blast of air that comes through from the vents. Clean the sensor while you're at it. it just looks like a very small resistor. two wires and then a round brown colored piece attached between the wires.
now the only thing left to troubleshoot is the intensity of heat that gets thrown out when the heat mode is on.
I have searched extensively on the heater valve which, when fails, does not allow enough heat inside the car. however I'm not sure if a faulty valve can equate to throwing too much heat inside the cabin....
I would like to get some input from other members regarding this one....

cold only works when directly set at 65 all other setting is hot theres no in-between. I'll take a look at the sensor see what i can figure out!

Did you ever solve this problem - Bad Azz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom