Turn sigs & parking lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.greatlakeswaterjetinc.com
Just got finished putting the turn sig lights in with the parking lights on the front. Made new holes in the housings wiith my Dremel. The reasoning is my new bumper I am fabricating will cover the factory turn sigs and now you can see the sigs from both the front and the side. Anyone else done this? If you are wondering, the new bumper is gonna be built in a " Road Armor" style. I'll post some pics as soon as I get started.

You don't have to cut new holes if you use sockets that hold 1157 bulbs...:rolleyes:

Yea, just like that. And to think I never thought to look for instructions. I'm stupid like that some times.

So C-Dan do you use a multi filament bulb then? I am not picturing what your saying...

cruiserdan said:
You don't have to cut new holes if you use sockets that hold 1157 bulbs...:rolleyes:

Now where's the fun in that? You don't get to justify the absolute necessity of a full blown dremel kit or the focused time to do the fabricating. Changing out the socket and crimping some wires...bah!

TX_TLC said:
So C-Dan do you use a multi filament bulb then? I am not picturing what your saying...

I actually replaced the sockets in mine with some salvaged Tundra tail lamp sockets that I had hanging around. Mine are 3157 style sockets but it's the same idea.

So, yup. It's just like a brake/tail combination in the front.

clownmidget said:
Now where's the fun in that? You don't get to justify the absolute necessity of a full blown dremel kit or the focused time to do the fabricating. Changing out the socket and crimping some wires...bah!

The complexity lies in getting to the simplicity...............:D

I just flipped my turn signal and put it in place of the parking like. No parking light. Doesn't do much anyway.

i did the same thing. dont notice any difference

I did it and it works great, Now the hole in the some day new bumper can house fog lights instead of a turn signal :D

C-Dan,

Would you please elaborate on the mod, particularly with regard to the way it should be wired in order to use the marker light both as a marker and a turn signal light? Very much appreciated, as your mod is quite elegant. Thank you.

Steve

sparker56 said:
C-Dan,

Would you please elaborate on the mod, particularly with regard to the way it should be wired in order to use the marker light both as a marker and a turn signal light? Very much appreciated, as your mod is quite elegant. Thank you.

Steve

Steve it could be on that Slee link above.

Also if anyone has switched to clear corners then adding a second socket is the way to go .. solid white, and then flashing amber. I suppose you could run a relay or sumpthin to negate the white while blinkin amber.

TY

cruiserdan said:
The complexity lies in getting to the simplicity...............:D
CDan - supreme parts-geek and zen master all rolled into one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom