Blacking out an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Note : If this isn't deemed tech (probably not eh ?) then move it ohvahh :D

I keep thinking that it might look ok to blackout my 80 . It's moonglow pearl ... only the bestest colour , but ...

I'm talking about :

* Black steel wheels
* Paint the rear badging (as Pimp did) , or remove altogether
* Paint the front Toyota emblem
* Paint the front grill

Once I go to aftermarket bumpers and sliders :

* Line-X them all black ; having bought them unfinished

Miss anything >?

Anyone ever go with this idea ? Pics ?

TY

TY,

This may not be dark enough but it's a start! :D I kinda like it :flipoff2:
AlisRig_smaller.jpg
AlisRigProfile_shrunk.JPG

Last edited:
Interwestinggg , I'm in good company , I see .

BJowett , did your 80 come with a black grill , or did you rattle can it ? Also , what wheels did you find ?

Alia176 , same question .. wheels = ?

Guess one has to decide ahead of time if he's going with a bit of a gloss .. or flat .

TY

bjowett said:
Black grill and head light bezels on mine
[/img]

Black 17" steelies are on the way...

What are you going to be doing with your OEM wheels? Those are 15x8 right?

I scuffed the chrome up and used Duplicolor Ralltecan bedliner spray... makes for a nice textured look, the center bar with "TOYOTA" on it remains the factory grey color.

I have the 17 x 7.5" Tundra spare wheels... will be modifying them in a few ways.

The stock wheels are 16x8, not exactly perfect... make an offer if you would like to purchase them.

bjowett said:
I scuffed the chrome up and used Duplicolor Ralltecan bedliner spray... makes for a nice textured look, the center bar with "TOYOTA" on it remains the factory grey color.

I have the 17 x 7.5" Tundra spare wheels... will be modifying them in a few ways.

The stock wheels are 16x8, not exactly perfect... make an offer if you would like to purchase them.

Damn, I would buy them if they were 15x8, I have a set of 33x12.50 Pro Comp MT's sitting in my garage but they wont fit on a 16inch wheels.

blacked out grill light bezel

Black does have that mean look to it doesn't Tyler. :cool:

Last edited:
I've already got the black bumpers [not entirely true; the rear is still in sealer stage] and I plan on painting the grill and all that crap someday. She won't let me rattle can the whole thing flat tan like the 40.

Waiting for just the right time to add black rims to another cruiser.

That time depends upon when I can afford to p/c my factory rims. :)

Glad I finally brought this up here .. all these rigs look deadly !

Ammo , if that your stock bumper modified , or a Link creation or ?? Looks nice :D

Black definately looks meaner .. it will make a nice punctuation to a departure from gold and glitter :cool:

Tooth Fairy , I remember when I had my 40 .. the joke in college was I didn't wash my LC , I just kept painting it .. *L* . I miss that aspect of owning a slightly older rig .. you can paint it any which way you desire .. and it still looks great ! :cheers:

TY

Not sure if I've ever washed mine? (tapping finger to temple)

I do know that it was so oxidized tha I started drawing flames in the paint once and thought, :idea: "This looks cool!"

I taped it off and it had black over tan flames for 6 years. :cool:

haha .. then you'll like this . I taped off the design of a regular sinus heart rhythm on the hood of my 40 in college . Blue-green hood , with a white heart beat .. :cool:

TY

PS : Not sure how long the blackout has been tugging me ... but it finally bubbled to the surface full force recently :)

It would seem Ty that you like the mods that others can notice. But you should really give a gear swap some consideration. For all the money you have spent on clear lenses and now some new rims and such you could have this mod done. The driving experience is so much improved, however you will be the only one to notice.

landtank said:
It would seem Ty that you like the mods that others can notice.

This would sum up the essence of Ty.........Moonglow Pearl sounds like one of my daughter little pony's......... :flipoff2:

reffug said:
.......Moonglow Pearl sounds like one of my daughter little pony's......... :flipoff2:

Bahaaaaaaaaa haaaaaa ..... now thats funny! :bounce: :cheers:

alia176 said:
TY,

This may not be dark enough but it's a start! :D I kinda like it :flipoff2:

Nice Rig!! Can you post up which lift you have and how you got it nice and level? Also, what brand and model tire you have there? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom