LED Dome Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
andrewloe.com
I'm thinking about putting one in from taskled.com, any down side? Also, has anyone wired up a second one to illuminate their cargo area? I would be willing to spend the 36$ for another dome light housing (already bought one I hit mine with a boat mast and demolished it) if I could wire it up to function the same as the one in the front.

Yes, I have both installed....

only downside is getting it to turn on manually has been weird, becuase of the way its grounded.

sourcemine said:
Yes, I have both installed....

only downside is getting it to turn on manually has been weird, becuase of the way its grounded.

Could you elaborate on that? Is there a separate model for the cargo area? Or did you just take a second housing, put the LED unit in and wire it up? Since the current draw of the LEDs is so much less, could I just wire the back unit to the front one? I figure the wiring is more than enough for this load.

1. The ground of the housing is tied to the screws, i think i tightened my too tight so they arent holding ground or something, it works when the door is open though, I'm still trying to figure it out.

2. If you want to do the cargo area, better have a dremmer with the holder(forget what they are called) in a very small size, and a little tiny drill set... drill a small hole in the ends, full instructions are on the website in the install section.

3. I thought when I did it that the cargo lamp also came on when the doors opened and the entire thing would light up, but they work independantly..

4. There is really nice light and brightness, I highly recommend this.

Does anyone know how I can get the rear lamp to light up when I open any of the front doors? I'd like both lights so that people getting in the rear have it even brighter. Also I'm lazy sometimes and since I have a swing out spare rack on the back, I just reach over the back seat to get things since its faster than opening the rear tire carrier and then the rear lift gate.

grrlscout89FJ62 said:
On a little bit of a tangent ... my shop manual says DOOM Light. Am I correct in guessing that's Engrish for dome light? Though, I kinda like DOOM light more. It's more menacing.

I think thats why it doesn't light things up well its not supposed to, they want a DOOM effect.... maybe?

screw those

get in touch with George Scolaro on this board. he makes some badass ones. i puttem in my 60, and it lights up the whole f'n rig!

hullendersauce said:
get in touch with George Scolaro on this board. he makes some badass ones. i puttem in my 60, and it lights up the whole f'n rig!

Do they just pop right in? If so I am looking for George too! George you out there?

87CRUSR said:
Do they just pop right in? If so I am looking for George too! George you out there?

nawww, theyre actually made for 80's, but will work with 60 too. lil fabrication, and htey fit perfect! heres a link to George...http://www.taskled.com/

correction: i guess taskLED IS George...didnt know that till i got redirected to another link. good luck!

And for bulbs, try superbrightleds.com. Haven't bought anything from them yet, but the prices & descriptions of the bulbs look real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom