License Plate LED Light Question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a license plate frame with 12 volt LED light. The light is not working when I connect the wires to the license plate wires from the truck. Does LED lights need a transformer to work with the trucks wiring system?

" I bought a license plate frame with 12 volt LED light. " You kind of answered your own question there.
If the frame states 12v LED, than you shouldn't need anything else to make them work.
However LEDs have polarity, so you have to pay attention how you wire them up.
Maybe try hooking it up to your battery directly and see if it lights up.

Are you sure you're getting power ? Is the light switch turned on? Does the frame need to be grounded ? Did you put 12v directly to the light to verify it's working? (no transformer or anything else needed).

Are you sure you're getting power ? Is the light switch turned on? Does the frame need to be grounded ? Did you put 12v directly to the light to verify it's working? (no transformer or anything else needed).
X2 - if I recall, the 'TOYOTA' bar has to have it's mounting bolts thru the tailgate(grounding it) for the internal lights to work. Your mounting screws for the LED frame may not be grounding, depending on what threaded fitting you have on the tailgate.

X2 - if I recall, the 'TOYOTA' bar has to have it's mounting bolts thru the tailgate(grounding it) for the internal lights to work. Your mounting screws for the LED frame may not be grounding, depending on what threaded fitting you have on the tailgate.
There is only one wire coming out from the LED frame light. There is no ground wire.

Yes I am getting power when I plug the other tailgate light in from Toyota. But when I plug the LED light to the truck plug it does not work

" I bought a license plate frame with 12 volt LED light. " You kind of answered your own question there.
If the frame states 12v LED, than you shouldn't need anything else to make them work.
However LEDs have polarity, so you have to pay attention how you wire them up.
Maybe try hooking it up to your battery directly and see if it lights up.
Ill try hooking to battery

I think they expect the frame to be grounded when you attach it to the body/tailgate. If you have plastic or rubber plugs that the frame screws go into, you are missing the ground

I think they expect the frame to be grounded when you attach it to the body/tailgate. If you have plastic or rubber plugs that the frame screws go into, you are missing the ground
1704582921780.png

Ahh. Bumper mount. Can you give us a picture of the bulb holder and that wire connecting to it?
Is that hot dog stand still open in Vienna?

Ahh. Bumper mount. Can you give us a picture of the bulb holder and that wire connecting to it?
Is that hot dog stand still open in Vienna?
Yes the Hot Dog stand is till operating. I found the issue regarding the light. It was a grounding issue because I had a powder coated mounting bracket it was not making a connection. Light works now. Thank you for your help!!

All this talk of Hot Dawgs has made me hungry....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom