FJ40 Speaker system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 68 fj40 and i was wanting to put in a audio system, but i dont klnow how, if anyone has ideas or products that they suggest, please reply

well a 68 has no place in the dash for a radio, so you can mount it in the blove box(a bit of a reach) buy or make a center console(if you don't have a bench seat) or mount on a shelf above the visors. Also you can get a waterproof pod to mount a CD player in and bolt it under the dash, marine stores sell em(and this is what I have in my 67 fj45)

the 68 doors will not take a speaker(I don't think) so you will want a pair of box speakers, my preferance in a pair of waterproof Bose 151 mounted to the roll bar(but 68's didn't have a bar, if still stock)

John

I want to second Mr. Pimp's suggestion on the Bose 151 speakers. Pimp (along with a few others) suggested the 151's. Bought a brand new set of ebay for $151, sound absolutely awesome, very impressed.

Pimp also emailed me a link of a bracket for a CB mount. I welded a piece of flat stock to the bracket, blasted and re-painted PPG's MTK single stage urethane. Used a bicycle inner-tube inside the bracket so it wouldn't scratch and slide on the roll bar. I think it worked great and looks good to.

Couple pics of my set up, and god bless Landpimp....

Matt

2nd pic

3rd pic

damn I am good sometimes :D
24799422.jpg

24799325.jpg

well, it doenst have a cage in it yet, but its being put in it this week. im still trying to decide on a cage. but, if i get the bose speakers, could you send me the like for the cb bracket. one more question, suggestions on what kinda of cd head or radio i should get?

Jonathan / Rommy

I got a Pioneer DEH p2600, payed $99 on ebay for a brand new one. I live about a 1 1/2 off the asphalt, been hitting a lot of washboard on my gravel road. Hasn't skipped yet and sounds great with those Bose 151's. :)

Pics of it installed in my CCOT center console my wife gave me for x-mas. God bless my wife and landpimp..... ::)

Landpimp, question for you? What did you use for Rubber around your brackets? Looks nicer than mine, I like it.

Matt

2nd pic

Oops, 2nd pic

haha, i wanna show you guys a pic of what mine looks like, but i dont know how to put a picture in

[quote author=sand rider link=board=1;threadid=15517;start=msg146988#msg146988 date=1083185485]
haha, i wanna show you guys a pic of what mine looks like, but i dont know how to put a picture in
[/quote]

I'm not Mr. Computer by any means, but if I can do it, you can do it.

Obviously you need a digital pic of your rig. Click on "reply" to this topic just like you did before. Type in some text of how awesome it is then go down below and click on, "Browse". Find it where every you have it saved (C drive, 3 1/2" disc, cd...etc) click on that and then click "open". Should come up in the text next to the Browse button. Then click on "post" just like before.

If the pic is to big it will tell you, might have to re-size in microsoft paint, at least that's what I use to re-size them.

Hope that helps, I would like to see a pic.

Matt

Theres my beast, it will have a cage soon, almost everything is stock

I have a very cheap, yet effective way of resolving this problem. I will post a pic tonight when I get home from work.

Here's my setup for the rears:

Homemade plywood boxes, sealed the seams, covered with an old bikini top, acoustic foam in the inside. Kenwood 6 1/2" speakers. Boxes made from old junk around the house - cost =$0. Speakers $60. Pics below. Fronts are door mount 5 1/2".

Rob

some semi truck inner tube I think

[quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=15517;start=msg146985#msg146985 date=1083185300]Landpimp, question for you? What did you use for Rubber around your brackets? Looks nicer than mine, I like it.

Matt
[/quote]

Nice rig. I would have to go with the glove box mounting as it would be shame to mess up such a nice stock dash with a stereo. The rid where the firewall and dash come together are a perfect spot for the mounting. It still leaves room underneath for stuff yet will hold really secure. Just get a head unit with a remote, I didn't and it was quite a pain to change cd's or adjust volume etc. Remote would be good idea and not usually that much more. As for purchasing get a majopr brand name from a reputible place as with all the off roading and dirt associated with it can cause a mirade of problems. I got a great deal off the internet but when it stopped working it was 3.5 months to get it back. I would have paid the extra $100 in any further purchases for local service. Just my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom