Mini Truck powers steering hose?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm doing a mini truck PS coversion and am ready to get the high pressure line made. I can get the size for the mini truck gearbox since the line came with it but don't know the size of the fitting for the Saginaw pump. Yes, I have searched (I know it's there somewhere I've seen it) but can't find it. Want to get it made tomorrow ,any help? Thanks.

My Sag pump used the same fitting as the minitruck box. I was surprised:eek:

Ed

The adapters are different, but they can work..

Metric
low Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF06 or 'Summit Racing' #EAR-9919DFJERL
high Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF07

As I understand it the larger port is the press side.

Or
LEE MFG. CO in Sun Valley CA
818-768-0371
has
16mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the return side and
17mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the press side for
$8 each

Sag pump
pump side is 5/8 x 18 inverted flare to -6jic

Thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/187318-fj60-ps-fittings.html

Last edited:
Guess I should try it and see but sure seems they would be different, metric and SAE of some size I would have guessed.

Metric
High Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF06 or 'Summit Racing' #EAR-9919DFJERL
Low Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF07

As I understand it the smaller port is the press side.

Or
818-768-0371
has
16mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the pressure side and
17mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the return side for
$8 each

Sag pump

Thread
Wow, thanks for the info although some of it is greek to me. I'd just bring the box and the pump to the hose place if they were not both already mounted.

Guess I should try it and see but sure seems they would be different, metric and SAE of some size I would have guessed.

Like I said, I was surprised. But there is a lot of metric stuff on 'Merican junk.
I had mine made up at the local CarQuest store and they do not carry anything exotic.....believe me. Used 2 90* fittings to keep the hose away from the header.

GL

Ed
FJ40%20PS%20015%5B2%5D.jpg

Metric
High Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF06 or 'Summit Racing' #EAR-9919DFJERL
Low Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF07

Or
818-768-0371
has
16mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the pressure side and
17mm x 1.5 inverted flare to #6jic for the return side for
$8 each

Sag pump

Thread

You should fix your original post. You still have the high and low sizes backwards.

I fixed my junk..

BTW, the sag box is american fittings, and the mini stuff is metric.
They fit, but not "properly"

They do work tho.. Slight interference fit..

Metric
low Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF06 or 'Summit Racing' #EAR-9919DFJERL
high Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare to #6 JIC Male adapter, Toyota - 'PSC Motorsports' #PSC-SF07

Wouldn't that make the pressure side 16x1.5 MM?

I fixed my junk..

BTW, the sag box is american fittings, and the mini stuff is metric.
They fit, but not "properly"

They do work tho.. Slight interference fit..

What about the Volvo pumps made by Sag? Mine no leaky:confused: Seems to fit nicely.....:meh:

Ed

If it is sag stuff it should be engrish...

Now, if it is a O ring fitting, as I understand it, all of them are metric..

(how's that for added confusion)

If it is sag stuff it should be engrish...

Now, if it is a O ring fitting, as I understand it, all of them are metric..

(how's that for added confusion)

OK................here's how I figger'd it out. I bought a transmission cooler to use as a PS cooler and it had a couple of fittings with it. Flare fittings, IIRC. I was trying to figure out where to source a fitting for the box and just happened to "try" the cooler fitting into the pump and the box....voila! Or Viola, whatever;)

So, I take the junk to the "We make hydraulic hoses" place, which happened to be the CarQuest and they made the hose with identical fittings. Now maybe it is an interference fit, kinda like some of the BSP threads on carbs and heads and manifolds.

Mace, you know I have a great deal of respect for your opinion and experience, I'm just saying what has worked for me.

The only dumb thing you've ever done was to sell me the Big Cap;):flipoff2:

Ed:beer:

Just get a high pressure line from an FJ60 and run that...

I bought one new from Napa for ~$60. Ran it with my minitruck/Sag setup, and now use it with my FJ60/Sag setup.

Sag pump

Thought this was SAE 45* flare and not 37* JIC....

The hydraulic hose ends that I have on hand at the shop to make pressure lines are SAE...

Just sayin'....

:beer:

The hydraulic hose ends that I have on hand at the shop to make pressure lines are SAE...

Just sayin'....

So, are you sayin' you got my back on this................???:D

Ed

Stick to teeth Ed.......

:lol:

I stuck to teeth all day............now I'm ready for power steering hoses:D

Teeth are still sticking to me:eek:

Ed

I wash them off with Maker's:cool:

Just sayin'....

5/8 x 18 is inverted flare those are SAE 45*. The JIC/AN stuff is for the hose ends (-6jic/an)

For me, it is super easy to make a hose any length I want with the reusable ends done in -6 jic. Plus, If I need a spare hose, any good hose shop can make a -6jic hose. It is very common..

Ed, they DO work, I am not arguing, your comparison to the SAE/BSP is good. It will work. I just went out and checked, the metric fit into a sag PS pump is easier than the standard pitch into the metric box. But either will work!!! ;)

Sheesh lol

:flipoff2:

I...........was..................not...................arguing...............with..............you:D

Ed

Pass the MM please ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom