Interior mini lamp # for the "lights" switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
homepage.mac.com
Anyone looking for that obscure little bulb that goes inside the light switch for the headlights (the one you pull to turn the lights on), can find it at NAPA. The bulb # is 11009. The lamp costs about $2ea.

good info.

someone stick it in the FAQ or something.

Thanks. I should have looked here first. That little bulb has been causing me quite a headache.

projektdotnet said:
Is this in the FAQ or not? I didn't even know there was one untill right now! I may need to get one of those baby's :D

Have you looked?

lightbulb

Word to the wise, I went to NAPA and the parts girl had a hell of a time finding it because it is now listed as BP11009. Since it is packaged in a blister pack I assume. So, if your local store has the old package it will be in the small box secction and if new it will be in a blister pack section.

00234-11009

OEM number.

:beer:

Umm maybe its just me but if i am getting this correct there is a light bulb that goes inside of the light switch. Can any one post a picture of this mysterious light bulb and where it goes for me?

www.superbrightleds.com has the led version for your headlight switch for only .89. I wouldn't waste my time with a regular bulb. The bulb number is BA7 and comes in several different colors. I used the green in my light switch and it is alot brigher than a regular bulb. I believe that the lighted headlight switchs started in 72 or 73. The bulb location is inside the back of the switch if you have one. Looking at the back of the switch where the wires are you will easly see where the bulb goes. I have replaced all my running lights and interior lights with LEDs from the same website. All of my interior leds and exterior leds take less wattage to run than just one regular bulb. Read all of the thread that Trollhole suggested before you start replacing all of your bulbs with leds. There are some important facts that you need to know especially with your exterior lights so that you get the right bulb, color, and flasher for your signal / hazard lights to flash.
ba7s_all.jpg

Last edited:
I got a couple of these from CQ today. Wagner bulb #11009. Napa also had a two pack, blister carded, #BP11009.

The bulbs were actually made in Germany by Narva. Their part # is 17051.

That is a somewhat common euro size for gages. Here's some cross reference numbers from a BMW bike forum:
<<Bulb Use: VDO Gauges (Clock/Voltmeter)
Volt: 12
Watt: 2
Amp: 0.167
Base: BA7s "Midget Bayonet"
Glass: T2
Filament: C2

Commonly Referenced as "12V2W" with a "BA7S" base

BMW: 07 11 9 978 279
GE: 2696
HELLA: 78180
JAHN: 1551
LUCAS: 281