Power Steering Bracket Sources (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I see a few Power Steerings kits out there for about $1000. I am thinking of getting a reman Pump for a min-truck from Cdan. I see JT outfitters sells the bracket for close to $100. Curious if there are other sources for the bracket and other parts. I want to compare the complete kit from Classic Cruisers to making my own.

http://www.classiccruisers.com/pages/conversions.html

Thanks

Ken, I got my Brackets from William Dorry they work for a sag pump and mini truck ps box, they were very nicely made, stronger than JTOs and very user freindly, with taking my time getting the parts I think I have less than $300 invested so far but they are still not on the truck. Contact is wdorry@yahoo.com IIRC. He will show you what he has.

Myrle

4x4 Labs makes a sweet one.

Got a pic Hoss?

Was just at Luke's site and did not see anything....

Thanks!

Mark has a nice one, that mounts low on the engine, is very clean, and allows the F aircleaner to be retained.

bull said:
What year is your engine? Later engines have the holes drilled and tapped for a stock set up.

It's a 77 2F. Can't vouch that it is the original engine.

There is one on ebay, the JT Outfitter's style, it is at 20 bucks right now.

I didn't realize they use a sag pump. Based on my front bumper, a sag pump would not be best as it would not work with what I have there.

Sag pumps are MUCH cheaper, more plentiful, and more powerful...

there is not much good about Toyota p/s pumps... (expensive to replace, they frequently go bad, not particurlary powerful)

Thanks Bailey,
Guess I'll do some more searching. This is my planned project between Xmas and New Years so I have lots of time.

Ken

Mark's Offroad seems to be the about the best - depends on needing the smog pump or ditching it - i think you could run collector plates in CO right? I would nail some prices and sources down on your components before spending that kind of money on a kit - seems way too high compared to the parts i scrounged for my setup.

I used the Downey steering shaft kit and $$$ bearing(was pissed when I found the part in tech here), junkyard pump and Sag box and had local Napa build custom hoses for pretty cheap. Pitman arm can usually be found really cheap and new TRE's/relay rod/ tie rod aren't that much. I don't know much about the mini box conversion process, can't help there. Good luck.

i got thr braket from MAF like $160, its pretty nice and the pump from JT $125, and had a buddy with the mini truck box and i only payed $20. i have to say P/S is one of the best things iv put in my 40.
Picture 1.jpg

Romer said:
Thanks Bailey,
Guess I'll do some more searching. This is my planned project between Xmas and New Years so I have lots of time.

Ken

just take your time and look around, JT and SOR have the same braket for the sag pump but there is a $60 differents in price, i hope it goes well for you.

ken,
i also bought the brackets from william dorry.i paid something like 190 shipped i think,picked up a 85 mini truck ps box,i now need a ps pump(sag)from a boneyard or new,and a pressure line.
couple of notes.the dorry bracket that mounts the steering box itself DOES NOT come drilled to mount the box on it,it has holes for mounting it to the frame but you have to locate the box where you want it and drill through 3/8"(i think)plate(4 holes).
the brackets come with al the hardware and are very high quality,in fact i would never consider even buying any brackets from any other dealer.the prices are too high and quality is too low from jt.
the next thing would be the pressure hose.if you use a sag p/s pump and a mini p/s box you have a problem.small one but a problem.standard and metric.jt makes hoses for this problem,its just a hose that has a metric fitting on one side to go to the box and standard on the other to go to the pump.BUT being that jto are complete losers and vividly remembering the way they treated IGE i will not buy a single fawking thing from them pricks.so heres the solution THE PARKER STORE in commerce city,they specialize in hydraulic hoses and would cost around 30-50 bucks for the hose maybe even less.
also make sure that on your 2f you have dual crank pulley,water pump etc.i cant recall. mine doesnt so i had to get those.
broken down
190 brackets
50 p/s box
30 p/s pump
30-50 p/s hose
10 belt
15 for 12 pack during the swap
25 for good cigars
not bad and an easy swap.sure beats paying 1000 bucks to those crooks in salida,co for the same thing.
shawn

hey bailey,
who's MARK again? how much did he sell that backet for.i kinda wanna keep my F aircleaner.
shawn

Magoo said:
hey bailey,
who's MARK again? how much did he sell that backet for.i kinda wanna keep my F aircleaner.
shawn

I'm thinking he and I are both referring to Mark Algazy(sp?) of www.marksoffroad.net

CruisinGA said:
Sag pumps are MUCH cheaper, more plentiful, and more powerful...

there is not much good about Toyota p/s pumps... )

I hear this all the time, but I wonnder what it is based on. The specs are about the same: Toyota 1050 PSI; Saginaw 1100 PSI. Not much difference in volume either. The junk yards are full of both Saginaw and Toyota PS pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom