Worst Mod you have every done: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We know what the best is, now what is the one modification you have done or wasted money on that you will you could take back.

Mine would have to be Pinnacle Springs at 4". I think the 2.5" would have been fine on 32" wheels and not so challanging to drive.

But what's the fun in that? :flipoff2:

I'd have to say putting Jeep taillights on the rear of my FJ40. When I installed a custom rear bumper, I couldn't reinstall the stock lights, so I bought a pair from Napa. These are designed for trucks, but are identical to Jeep lights. Fortunately, they have been replaced.

Last edited:
Vortec_Cruiser said:
I'd have to say putting Jeep taillights on the rear of my FJ40. When I installed a custom rear bumper, I couldn't reinstall the stock lights, so I bought a pair from Napa. These are designed for trucks, but are identical to Jeep lights. Fortunately, they have been replaced.

my truck has those too, soon to be replaced with LED's.

worst mod would have to be the canadian weight reduction :doh:

worst mod to my 84 fj60: Man-A-Fre header. Darn thing needs to be retorqued about once a day it seems. Added plenty of noise, but only adds anything in the way of umph at the top end of the rpms. Would have been much better off spending the money on just about anything else.

Worst mode is the Waggoneer springs on the front of my SOA FJ40. I have FJ55 springs in the rear and I should have waited until I could track down a second set for the front. The Waggy's were way too soft. Once I got them in and put the weight of the cruiser on them, they sagged into reverse arch and the frame settled all the way until it rested on the bump stops. Big waste of time, effort and money. :mad:

Probably the JT Outfitters Saginaw Power steering pump bracket. That thing will not get tight enough for my PS belt to not squeel.

I should have simply built a better tensioner for the way I originally had the pump mounted...

trying to run a cheap Napa electric fuel pump - two averaged ~ 3 hr runtime

a poly gas tank. it leaked like a siv (sp?) with my tbi motor. just fumes everywhere, making me and the passenger sick as a dog. Spend the extra cash and buy a replacement stock tank.

-Dustin

Tigerstripe40 said:
Probably the JT Outfitters Saginaw Power steering pump bracket. That thing will not get tight enough for my PS belt to not squeel.

I should have simply built a better tensioner for the way I originally had the pump mounted...

Why not go shorter belt?

Was: Worst Mod. Now: Aftermarket Tail Lights.

Hi All:

Hey "Vortc Cruiser," et al - I am in the same boat after recent rear frame repairs/reinforcement. I would like to hear what other folks have done (besides the J**p tail lights - yeech!) and maybe pics as well if possible.

My FJ40's rear frame is now four by six inch rectangular tube. I will be added a heavy-duty, centered rear swing-away tire carrier as well.

Thanks!

Alan
Seattle

I have to say the poly gas tank too. POS wouldn't hold it's shape, leaked fuel all over the fawking place. I was affraid to start the 40 in the morning for fear the ignition switch might spark an explosion. Went with the Downey 22 gallon under the bed...very please with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom