Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 70 series are nice and are especially useful when pulling a trailer. They're also good and solid.

For those who have FJ60s and have upgraded the stock mirrors it's not a bad idea to keep the old ones around in case you need a spare, such as after whacking a tree.

Henery I got a set of the aussie mirrors from $OR paid a pretty penny but they are literally one of my favorite up grades. they are concave so they offer so much more visibility . which is key for me in that my spare tire cuts out alot of the rear viw kirror view.
Jason

Benji said:
I am used to the small 60 mirrors now. It just takes time. I actually like the look of them better than the larger 62 mirrors.

Just to let you know that there are people on the other side of the conversation.
I don't personally think I would spend that much money on mirrors. There are so many othe things I want :doh:

Good luck.

Agreed...i like them better too.

that and i have crushed both of them wheeling so right now i am mirrorless. spending 300 more dollars to cruch em on the trail does sound cool to me.

Fawk it, I've been mulling this all week, and I need to refocus on the rest of the project. I'll call a couple of sources to see if I can get a pair of the non-electric FJ62 mirrors and then paint them black. I got a lot of other components to worry about, and my budget is (predictably) already shot. Grease Cruiser was right, the devil is in the small parts, they add up quickly.

Try this,
My motor was fried in one of my FJ62 mirror - and the glass vibrated a whole bunch.
So I just took it apart - Just pop the glass out - it's held on by a ball and scocket mount.

Then I even went so far as taking the two little motors apart.

I ended up just snapping thee whole thing back together - with a little rubber silicon, and placing one of those 4 inch convex mirrros on the bottom of the glass.

It does not vibrate now and the convex mirror is great!
mirror1.jpg
mirror2.jpg

Henry, I second the 70 series mirrors idea. I have them, and they are about the same size as a 62 mirror, but they are black and much better made pieces. They are also a fixed glass mirror so I can't see how they will ever vibrate.

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

wow! lots of talk of mirrors.
i remember a good quote, from years ago., ( im dating myself here).
Fonzie on Happy Days was asking Rickie what looked cooler, mirrors "like this" of like that"
Rickie says, " i think like that you can see behind you better"
Fonzies replay...." i dont care if i can see behind me, i've been there already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom