want keyless entry for 95 cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone added a keyless entry for their cruiser? is it complicated? how much did it cost?
thanks

I guess I'll chime in..

Viper 211HV Keyless Entry

- Two remotes
- Basic Lock/Unlock
- Locks when car is turned on
- Unlocks when car is turned off
- Panic Mode w/horn
- Interior illumination on unlock
- ~$140-180 installed

Fairly simple to use.

No funky "features" i.e. it won't lock by itself if there is no key in the ignition, like certain other aftermarket systems.. *cough*Bulldog*cough*

Although I could have installed it myself, I had the kind people at Best Buy do it for me.

Look to see if you have a port installed alarm first. If you have a red light in the dash that says "Toyota security" or a black box under the drivers seat you have a port installed alarm. You can order a key fob and you have keyless entry. I paid about $60 for a fob, and I now have keyless entry.

keyless entry

unfortunatly i dont see a black box under the seat or red light with toyota security on it. i will talk to some of the local stereo shops to see what my options are. thanks for the tip though.

What years of LC/LX450 came with keyless?

I am new the forumn and looking for locked LC/LX and was wondering if there is a year that they put this on standard. Anyone Know?

unfortunatly i dont see a black box under the seat or red light with toyota security on it. i will talk to some of the local stereo shops to see what my options are. thanks for the tip though.

Not sure on a '95 but in another thread I posted in awhile ago I made the assumption that all of the security boxes for 80s were under the DS seat...The person that started the thread later found the box up under the dash - he was trying to disable his alarm.

If you end up finding that you have one, eBay has used remotes, usually quite a few. Just make sure to determine if you need a gray or black fob version. I think 96-97 use the black fobs and earlier years use the gray but there is a thread on MUD that states for sure. I unfortunately found the thread after I bought a fob and couldn't get it to work. It was gray, I needed black :doh:

Part #?

Look to see if you have a port installed alarm first. If you have a red light in the dash that says "Toyota security" or a black box under the drivers seat you have a port installed alarm. You can order a key fob and you have keyless entry. I paid about $60 for a fob, and I now have keyless entry.

Hmmmm, sounds good. Would you please provide the vendor and part number please?

don't most alarms come with keyless entry ? I bought a python from best buy and had them install it(free). think it was around $350 it came with keyless entry but not remote start.

'

Vendor is Toyota or Lexus :D

Here is a thread that discusses the different fobs and colors (see post #16), and even has a pic of the programming instructions if you need 'em:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=34469&highlight=fob

Here are some current auctions for black fobs on ebay:

Fob 1

Fob 2

Fob 3

If you need a gray one just search for that.

There are some aftermarket fob makers....Tried one for my LX and it wouldn't work. Actually tried two and neither worked. Went with a used OEM one and it worked perfectly so skip the aftermarket ones and just go OEM.

I was checking ebay and found an ebay store called Keyless ride.com and ordered it from them. You need to make sure you have the FCC code from your alarm.

I've got an Autopage keyless system I just pulled from an 80 I've been parting. I'll PM you.

EDIT - or maybe I won't PM you, box is full.

PM me if you're interested and clear some space for a reply.

Here's another question, I've got the in dash Toyota security light but the box under the seat is gone. Any suggestions?

Thanks

don't most alarms come with keyless entry ? I bought a python from best buy and had them install it(free). think it was around $350 it came with keyless entry but not remote start.
I used to own a car audio and alarm shop. At $350 you actually payed for the installation up front and they just tell you free installation. Those modules actually only cost them about $70-$80. Then they mark them up a little. The rest is all labor for installation. Don't get me wrong. That's the going rate for that alarm with those features installed. Its just Best Buys play on words. Most of those major stores do it.

Here's another question, I've got the in dash Toyota security light but the box under the seat is gone. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Look behind your dash on the drivers side, some of the alarm ECU's (boxes) are placed there.

alarm ecu

would there be any way to tell that the ecu was for the alarm. i have a couple of boxes under my dash.
thanks

would there be any way to tell that the ecu was for the alarm. i have a couple of boxes under my dash.
thanks

There are a LOT of boxes under and 80's dash :)

If there isn't a sticker or something that makes it obvious what you are looking at then try to grab whatever #'s you can off of the box and google search it. If that doesn't get you any results take a picture of it and post it up along with the numbers from it in a new thread and see if anyone can identify what you are looking at.

I assume you are going to want to look for a black box (see that thread I linked to in post #9) if it is an "OEM" unit but that is just because all of them that I have seen have been black.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom