Keyless Entry: '93 1FZJ80 JDM Ignition Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wiring up a Compustar CM-X system for keyless entry and remote start, but running into issues with the ignition wiring on my '93 JDM.

Wiring colors for US market are 12V Battery: Black, Starter: Black/White, Ignition 1: Black/Yellow, Ignition 2: Black/Green, Accessory: Blue/Red

No factory system, but before I got started I had to pull out the old nonfunctional cheap Japanese security system PO installed. In the process of doing that, I noted that my ignition wiring is not the same color. I've got a brown/red wire and brown wire, no sign of black/green. The installed security system had what appears to be a starter defeat relay installed, with the brown/red wire spliced into a kill relay... this leads me to believe that the brown/red wire is the starter wire. (photo at the start of ignition switch)

PXL_20231119_060416703.jpg

Right now I've removed the old system, taking out the kill relay and making the brown/red wire hole again. Car starts fine... doors lock and unlock, so think I'm at a good starting point. But I'm at a bit of a loss on my ignition wiring... Wiring schematics in the resources appear to be for LHD models. Any suggestions?

Test the ignition wiring if your unsure. I've installed 1000s of keyless entry/ alarm systems with remote starts without any wiring schematic in about every vehicle manufacturer. Test everything then wire it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom