ROTW ROTW nmostofi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's up Robert, it was good taking the 40's out thanks for the pics, here is one of both our cruisers, Mustard rules:)

Thanks for the tip Mel on the rust preventive stuff. The overhead console came with the truck I think the PO bought it from Man-a-fre. It does not work well for storage but a good place to mount a CB.

Mike what's up man. Been busy haven't been on the board for a while. Good to hear from you, thanks for the complements on the 82, near future plans are longer shackles in the rear, ARB front bumper. My bro decided to keep his 83 it is sitting in storage until he comes back in the country. I am "borrowing" his Kaymar rear bumper;) hope he doesn't mind.
IMG_2495.JPG

AATLAS1X said:
Handle is original to the 82 and 83 US models (both mine did). Very cool, I have one hidden in the garage.;)

On my Canadian 83 BJ42 as well. And yes "F#@!K ME!" is the proper name for that one. I believe it's called that because I don't have an "OH SH!T" bar in front of the glove box. First impulse is for the "OH SH!T", then they see it's not there and...

Love the splitties. Can I ask how much for the set?

Does that Kaymar bumper replace the rear frame cross member, or bolt on top of it?

That is a sweet truck--it's exactly where I hope to go with mine. With the splitties it reminds me of all the Latin American cruisers I've seen.

B

BTW I think you have my green tennis ball flinger/Chuck-It for the dogs in that one pic. I was wondering where it went....

Last edited:
The split rims were reasonable. I think I got them for $90.00 US dollars a piece. No more than if I wanted Stockton wheels build me a set of steeles. Their size is 16x6, The killer was the shipping from Canada. If I remember correctly It was around $160.00 or more for shipping. Dan was really cool he took care of all the customs red-tape and had the rims shipped to me in a week. The kaymar bolts on to the rear cross-member on the 40. There is no cutting or welding involved the bumper is a complete bolt on. Installing it on this 40 was a pain because of the auxiliary gas tank. We had to drop the gas tank to make room to bolt the bumper onto the rear cross-member. Yes the Chuck-it is a life saver, it is the only thing that keeps my dog from sleeping all day:D He loves chasing the ball even more than wheeling:) Her is a pic of my fleet man I feel lucky :cheers:
IMG_2586.JPG

Hi All:

Nice FJ40! Hopefully you aren't planning on bashing it around as a trail rig!

If you think it is fun to drive around now, take off the hardtop, and you'll discover a whole different diamension of fun driving this rig!

Regards,

Alan

thanks Alan. Wasn't really planning on beating on the 40, thats what the 80 is for:) seriously I'm planning on wheeling the 40 lightly, although ARB lockers are on the near future list.

nmostofi said:
The overhead console came with the truck I think the PO bought it from Man-a-fre. It does not work well for storage but a good place to mount a CB.

Overhead is from SOR. I used it to store my CB antennas when not being used. It is a great place to put your front speakers as opposed to the door panels where they eventually get damaged. I also have my CB speaker mounted to it. It is also a great place to mount an after market light. It has much better illumination than the factory location.
Front Speaker 02.jpg

Beautiful rig. I like the blend of original with tasteful upgrades. Congrats on not cutting the rear fenders.....that is becoming a rarity on many rigs that aren't strictly stock condition.

Since this thread is still active I decided to post some new pics. I just installed my new ARB bumper this morning. All I can say is that I am impressed. The bumper is very beefy and well made just like all ARB products. It follows the lines of the 40 perfectly. The install was easy and the warn 8274 fit in there nicely.
IMG_2608.JPG
IMG_2609.JPG
IMG_2610.JPG

Which springs are on it? I like the looks, very nice balance.

OME heavies with a MAF reverse shackle up front anti inversion shackles in the rear.

didn't you just buy Pimp's mustard 82 ? If yes that one is already nice and getting nicer by the minute:)

First off...SWEET cruiser. The lift and tire combo makes the truck. I can't wait to get my lift. As for an overhead console, I cut a piece of 12" wide pine wood and had it coverd in the same material as my custom head liner. Excellent place to mount a stereo (as you can see) and a dome light. This of course will only work with the hard top on.

2336422_13_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom