Joint Fuji 60 Series Tie Rod End Kit @ FJ Parts LLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was looking for a quality tie rod/drag kit but haven’t loved the Japanese 555 kits. After some researching, I saw that Joint Fuji is highly regarded, but hard to come by. I looked for a while, but didn’t want to order from overseas so I was just going to buy a 555 kit and be done w it. I saw that FJ Parts had a good price (120$). So I called them to ask about the brand thinking of course it’s 555, and it turned out it was Fuji. Nowhere on there site does it mention the brand. Anyway, thought I’d throw it out there in case it interests anyone. Got mine today and look great!

I myself haven't seen anyone have issues with 555 as far as parts quality, but yes Joint Fuji is very good. After removing a set of ends (unsure what brand they were, but they were NOT generic parts store ends) years ago that was so dry, corroded and dangerously close to catastrophic failure, I've been religious about greasing my steering linkage ends every couple months and never had any problems after that. I was lucky that I didn't have a "problem" before that point, come to think of it....

you have to be careful with who sells you the 555 units. The 555 name is one of the most pirated names in China.
Make sure the ones you buy are Made in Japan. They will have the logo cast into them and many times, space provided,
the word "Japan"

I myself haven't seen anyone have issues with 555 as far as parts quality, but yes Joint Fuji is very good. After removing a set of ends (unsure what brand they were, but they were NOT generic parts store ends) years ago that was so dry, corroded and dangerously close to catastrophic failure, I've been religious about greasing my steering linkage ends every couple months and never had any problems after that. I was lucky that I didn't have a "problem" before that point, come to think of it....
I hear you. Bought an HJ61 after 30 years of driving fj62’s. Going through it ALL. Rebuilt knuckles, brakes, and bearings last weekend (on gravel). Body heals this week, tie rod work tomorrow : )

Interesting discussion. I notice the manufacture of Japan 555’s omit grease zerks…no offense, but in my opinion “jackass reason”, although plausible! I’m coming up on a change-out and the Japan Fuji end set appears to be reasonably priced but is there a definitive answer as to the best quality set available…555’s…Fuji…or, other? I need to check my records, but I believe I last installed the Fuji Japan without any premature incident.

I hear you. Bought an HJ61 after 30 years of driving fj62’s. Going through it ALL. Rebuilt knuckles, brakes, and bearings last weekend (on gravel). Body heals this week, tie rod work tomorrow : )
I had no problem doing that in my 20s, but now in my mid 40s that just ain't in the cards.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom