Spotted: Heeps & assorted autos (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Katie's was pretty good last Saturday

1000010829.jpg

1000010826.jpg

Land Cruisers are cool and all but I kinda want one of these now

View attachment 3556668

Thing was mint and came with a 5-speed to boot
Did you see the Dirt Every Day were that took one and did a Solid Axle Swap and turned the motor sideways in the passenger seat. I thaught it was pretty Rad!

First time seeing the angry face grille with raptor lights.

I sense a tinge of jealousy.

True alpha males know that the panda is unparalleled for it's ferocity!

p.jpg

Picked up this new to me 2021 4Runner Venture for my DD....unloaded my '13 Exploder Sport as it was due for some major service...hope to have this one for 10+ years! My wife and I must have a thing for silver cars with black accents.... ;)

My '13 Explorer Sport was due for a water pump and timing chain at 123k, had an appointment for this morning for $4400.00. Also had a pretty good oil leak on one turbo that wasn't even quoted yet, but the worst issue was the rain leak in the rear...thought I had it fixed, but 2 quarts of water showed up again on Saturday morning on the back weather tech mat...:mad:. Dealer actually gave me a solid trade at $7900...carmax offered $5k when I was looking at a '17 LC last month.

26k miles and ultra clean...has a stage 1 Eibach lift and 285 x 70 x 17's...just enough to make it look "next step" beyond stock. Don't worry, the LC is safe in the garage and will stay there for a LONG time! Love the Venture pack that has the blacked out accents and TRD wheels plus some cool interior accents...I'm in ❤️ and my wife is happy too....double score!

$4400 is about the going rate for that.
The ford explorers and their water pumps are crazy. You have to remove the entire intake, valve covers,crankshaft pulley, the right engine mount, the timing cover ( they are thin and break if you try to pop it off the gasket sealer) then you have to remove the timing chain and all the timing solenoids as well. Also you need a special tool to set the timing. I think they take about 10 hrs of labor.

$4400 is about the going rate for that.
The ford explorers and their water pumps are crazy. You have to remove the entire intake, valve covers,crankshaft pulley, the right engine mount, the timing cover ( they are thin and break if you try to pop it off the gasket sealer) then you have to remove the timing chain and all the timing solenoids as well. Also you need a special tool to set the timing. I think they take about 10 hrs of labor.
Yeah...agree totally with the price. Another thing that pushed me closer to getting rid of was I had to replace the squirter nozzle for the washer fluid...turns out I barely touched it and it disintegrated like shattered glass. Pulled the hood liner to do both sides, and all of the plastic pieces did the same....had to replace with traditional hose and some t's that I had in my tool box for a ghetto fix. That showed me what the condition of the plastics were like under the hood...I can only imagine the other stuff turning to dust too just by looking at it...:oops:

Yeah...agree totally with the price. Another thing that pushed me closer to getting rid of was I had to replace the squirter nozzle for the washer fluid...turns out I barely touched it and it disintegrated like shattered glass. Pulled the hood liner to do both sides, and all of the plastic pieces did the same....had to replace with traditional hose and some t's that I had in my tool box for a ghetto fix. That showed me what the condition of the plastics were like under the hood...I can only imagine the other stuff turning to dust too just by looking at it...:oops:
I just can't wrap my brain around why they would engineer that way. Water pumps should be able to be fixed on a sunday in the parking lot without a bunch of tools because that is when and where they always give up. Looks like you made a good deal on the new truck though so enjoy that.

Picked up this new to me 2021 4Runner Venture for my DD....unloaded my '13 Exploder Sport as it was due for some major service...hope to have this one for 10+ years! My wife and I must have a thing for silver cars with black accents.... ;)

My '13 Explorer Sport was due for a water pump and timing chain at 123k, had an appointment for this morning for $4400.00. Also had a pretty good oil leak on one turbo that wasn't even quoted yet, but the worst issue was the rain leak in the rear...thought I had it fixed, but 2 quarts of water showed up again on Saturday morning on the back weather tech mat...:mad:. Dealer actually gave me a solid trade at $7900...carmax offered $5k when I was looking at a '17 LC last month.

26k miles and ultra clean...has a stage 1 Eibach lift and 285 x 70 x 17's...just enough to make it look "next step" beyond stock. Don't worry, the LC is safe in the garage and will stay there for a LONG time! Love the Venture pack that has the blacked out accents and TRD wheels plus some cool interior accents...I'm in ❤️ and my wife is happy too....double score!

Nice find. It's a good time to snag a 5th gen... I must admit that I just did something similar.

Y'all please meet Easter Bunny 2.0 🐇

IMG_1209.jpeg

I'm gonna try real hard not to break this one. 😉

The 200 found a new home with a Cruiserhead in North Carolina. She's in good hands and I'll snag another trail dedicated Cruiser in a year or two when, God willing, we finally move out of DC. 🤞

Image 1.jpeg

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my brain around why they would engineer that way. Water pumps should be able to be fixed on a sunday in the parking lot without a bunch of tools because that is when and where they always give up. Looks like you made a good deal on the new truck though so enjoy that.
Problem too on the early gen of the 3.5 twin turbo is a 9' long timing chain that stretches out and throws codes...in late '14 or '15, they went to a dual chain setup for more longevity. That said, the water pump can still fail like mine was starting to do...and if it fails and leaks internally like they do sometimes, you fill the oil with water and it's instant murder... :poop:

Given what I know about the Ford products now, I can't imagine throwing $60-$80 K at the new Broncos!

And @Diff Kraken I can feel you! Nice find on yours!

Nice find. It's a good time to snag a 5th gen... I must admit that I just did something similar.

Y'all please meet Easter Bunny 2.0 🐇

View attachment 3574414

I'm gonna try real hard not to break this one. 😉

The 200 found a new home with a Cruiserhead in North Carolina. She's in good hands and I'll snag another trail dedicated Cruiser in a year or two when, God willing, we finally move out of DC. 🤞

View attachment 3574416
Damnit... i thought i had first right of refusal on the 200!

Damnit... i thought i had first right of refusal on the 200!
Sorry @Svensk120 I don’t believe that we had that arrangement. It was posted to MUD classifieds in February. If you’re serious about a 200, look around on MUD classifieds. Id be happy to help build one up.

Last edited:
Sorry @Svensk120 I don’t believe that we had that arrangement. It was posted to MUD classifieds in February. If you’re serious about a 200, look around on MUD classifieds. Id be happy to help build one up.
i thought we had a deal i would give you the gx and take the 200 off your hands LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom