Windshield replacement 2016+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

learned something new today. I did not know the LC had rain-sensing wipers! but then again, I've only had mine ~2 weeks.

First click down on the wiper stalk sets the wipers in auto/rain sense mode.

Thx!
This reminds me, I need to order new wiper blades!

Tip: just get the OEM refills. Work great. But make sure you have the factory wipers - the default dealer replacements are not the same, not as good and the refills don't fit.

There is a thread with all the part numbers.

The previous owner installed Bosch, and they are squeaking. example attached
I'll look for the thread you mentioned.

wipers.JPG

learned something new today. I did not know the LC had rain-sensing wipers! but then again, I've only had mine ~2 weeks.
Note that the little plastic cover has a somewhat fragile attachment mechanism. When I had my windshield replaced (OEM, thank you very much!), the dealer broke the clips and sent us down a rabbit hole to investigate the annoying rattle from up there.

I had a new OEM Toyota windshield installed today. No issues except the cover for the camera doesn't work with the new camera mount.
Toyota dealer told glass guy "yes, it does fit". Not his first rodeo and he said he'll have to find someone who will listen. In the meantime the camera and associated features seem to be working . Lane departure is for sure! I forgot about that but they have to calibrate everything so it was on.
I'm guessing the part is a supercession. Mine is a '16 and the glass was ordered using the VIN.

I would recommend finding an installer that is super particular about his/her work and go with them. Likely they will fight with your insurance since you have the crash avoidance and need to have it calibrated after windshield replacement. I found an independent guy, he ordered all factory replacement glass, molding, clips, everything from the dealer. He argued with my insurance for me that the only approved replacement glass was Toyota due to the camera. When I dropped off the truck, he gladly showed me all the toyota parts with factory part numbers, showed me how he calibrated, and we discussed the challenges of the LC windshield. This was me coming from multiple bad experiences with Safelite.

Has anyone installed 2018+ windshield part number 56101-6A957 on their 2016 LC? All of the parts places have the original part number (56101-60978) as being discontinued with no substitute. I really don't want to go aftermarket.

Has anyone installed 2018+ windshield part number 56101-6A957 on their 2016 LC? All of the parts places have the original part number (56101-60978) as being discontinued with no substitute. I really don't want to go aftermarket.
I don’t have the part number but it is new. The glass shop I used found it after getting the parts guy to look for the cover post 2016. Up until that point the Toyota dealer was adamant that there was nothing new. Hats off to a cool headed installer that pushed back diplomatically.

Would going to a Toyota body shop better than going to Toyota dealer? I figure that body shop has more experience with windshield replacement than a dealer??

Yall had me follow up with state farm. Mfers would not confirm in writing I am due OEM parts.

Apparently nationwide is the only OEM parts option policy out there. Can anyone confirm / deny?

They “assured me I would be taken care of” … right.

Yall had me follow up with state farm. Mfers would not confirm in writing I am due OEM parts.

Apparently nationwide is the only OEM parts option policy out there. Can anyone confirm / deny?

Berli’s said they deal well with Amica.

My glass replacement guy argued with State Farm for me in CA, they eventually approved it. He told them it was required due to the cameras and calibration and they caved. Not sure if the laws (rules for ins companies) are the same in TX. It sounded like he has to deal with it all the time (arguing with the ins adjuster).

I had mine replaced my Silver Mountain Glass in Park City and before I could insist on OEM glass, he told me they'd only due OEM glass because of the cameras, sensors and HUD. The glass in it when I bought in November was Pilkington and the HUD had astigmatism and the glass cracked if you looked at it wrong. HUD looks great with Lexus glass and I do believe it's quieter inside now. My only concern is that there is about a 1 mm gap on nearly the whole length of the passenger side seal. Id doesn't sit flush with the glass. It's hard to appreciate in the picture. I imagine there's some sort of adhesive further inside but am I headed for a leak?
7FC8DF87-2EA8-48D5-9FFA-34AE3CF52BD4.jpeg

I had my '17 LX570 windshield replaced by Glass America in Salt Lake City with OEM in 2021. Was very happy with the repair, but unfortunately I hit another rock recently and I need an another full replacement. This time I need to pay out of pocket - since I have multiple glass claims in the past year. OEM cost $1k more than aftermarket (Mygrant).

I noticed the local Toyota dealer lists LC200 OEM glass for $300+ dollars less that MSRP with the same part number as Lexus. Does anyone know if this is the same exact glass and if the HUD and PCS systems are the same in the LC200 & LX570? Given it is the same part number, I wonder whether the glass says "Toyota" or "Lexus?"

Part number 561016A956

$748 - Bell Lexus: 2017 Lexus LX 570 Windshield. Interior, Body - 561016A956 | Bell Lexus North Scottsdale, Scottsdale AZ - https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/p/Lexus_2017_LX-570/Windshield/79579531/561016A956.html
$687 - Toyota (SLC): Original Glass Sub Assembly Wind for 56101-6A956 | Larry H. Miller Toyota Parts - https://parts.larryhmillertoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-glass-sub-assembly-wind-561016a956

If they are the same, I'm thinking of ordering from Toyota and having them ship it a few miles over to the Glass America place that they outsource the work to. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom