MEET & GREET ONSC CLUB TRAIL WORK DAY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those attending this weekends Meet & Greet, we will be hosting an ONSC club trail work day on Sat Mar 4th from 9am - 12pm. We will meet at the entrance to Art Lilley (service rd 516) at 9am sharp. We will all enter at once and close the gate behind us. We will have access to most rails and will be picking up garbage, cutting back over hanging tree limbs and removing a broken canopy in the camp ground. I will bring my 8" chain saw that attaches to my weed wacker and loppers. If anyone is chain saw certified let me know and I will bring the PPE and the 16" chainsaw. Terry spoke of a couple of trees if we have a Sawyer. You MUST be certified by the forest to use the chainsaw on a volunteer work day. No exceptions. Also bring a long handle shovel to open drainage trenches on the trail. Bring water, lunch, gloves, closed toe shoes and a trash picker stick if you have one. Please reply to this post if you plan to attend so I can get a rough head count.

I would guess the count to be between 10-30.

I would just use 30 volunteers as a number for planning purposes.

Trail Workday Update

Forest Service will dummy lock the Art Lilley Gate at the end of Forest Road 516 past the Wolf Den Trailhead.

NO ONE is to drive onto Lakeview Trail while we are back there. It isn’t quite ready, and I don’t know if the contractors have equipment staged there.

Make sure you close the gate while you’re all in there and then when you all head out you can lock the gate.

Use the dumpster at the shooting range to take the bags of trash to when you’re done.

Range Safety Officers & LEO (Officer Kelly) have been notified we will be out there.

We will not need daily trail passes.

I have a sign up sheet that everyone needs to fill out (Name & email)

We will have access to Falls Dam Trail, Wolf Den Trail, Slab Pile Trail, Sawmill Trail and most of Rocky Mt Loop Trail.

Please clean up the dispersed campsites (you should see that canopy tent on Falls Dam Trail to the east of the Art Lilley/Falls Dam Trailheads near the guardrail on the left as you drive down the trail.

Please move the large limbs, branches, etc. that you can that are in the trails or hanging down into the trail corridor as best as you can.

Block off bypasses and where people have started driving out the tail ditches & around / off the trails around challenges, etc. with slash that’s available near by and they can move?

On Falls Dam Trail itself starting from Art Lilley and you start going down the first hill and there’s that short rocky section that then turns to the right, where we’ve got guardrails on the left and then a guardrail on the left that is behind a pile of rocks where you can see people were driving off the trail going around the rocky spot. If you could go back towards Art Lilley you’ll see where I’ve hung some old pieces of flagging indicating where we needed to block off the other end where it’s flat and easy to get off the trail and then connect to this illegal bypass. In that section could you have some folks slash along the side of the trail as best as they can?

I will provide trash bags

I will also bring a trailer to put all the trash in.

Bring the following if you have it. Folding saw or bow saw, trash grippers, gloves, shovel,

Let Get'r Done ONSC

I will be leaving from my house Sat morning.

PLEASE be at the Art Lilley gate at 9am Sharp. We plan to work until 12-1pm

Thank You,
Kurt

I will try to make it by 9 am as well. Where there be wifi in the woods? Need wifi Kurt, and no bugs. Or pollen.
I can make my phone a hot spot for you. Actually, I get 5G in some places. Dobinson sent me new lights, I am one happy camper Izzy.

I can make my phone a hot spot for you. Actually, I get 5G in some places. Dobinson sent me new lights, I am one happy camper Izzy.
That’s great, they are at least getting them to you. Was it all of them or just the brake/turn ones? We can chat tomorrow, maybe they need more silicone so or a better vent

General question, any radio frequencies or channels on plan? I know 146.46 is the old ONSC event one, but wonder if there is a common FRS channel, CB, etc peeples plan on using.

General question, any radio frequencies or channels on plan? I know 146.46 is the old ONSC event one, but wonder if there is a common FRS channel, CB, etc peeples plan on using.
We can discuss that when we get to Art Lilley. I will bring my radio

Awesome weather for the work day!

01D2F6E4-D714-4ABC-94BF-452E026766CA.jpeg

Don't forget to upload photos of the trail maintenance day so I can forward them to the NF (aka Terry)

Dutch John. @lumbee1 got most the pictures. Lots of trash, burnt up fence post. And this big tree.

ECD60607-5E72-4019-B716-0E5514C81BD6.jpeg

5651EF17-E7A5-4AB5-B290-8FA8BD044F56.jpeg

Thanks to all that volunteered on trail maintenance day. Picked up lots of trash, filled bypasses with slash and had a blast riding the trails and enjoying everyones company. Don't forget to load trial photos of the work you did if you have them.

IMG-0025.jpg

IMG-0021.jpg

IMG-0017.jpg

Can we get a picture of the hilift jack fixing the guard rail and the burned down fence from the controlled burn? I want to close out the volunteer day with the NFS and any other pictures that show what we did and what needs doing. TY

Here’s the one I got..

44491F86-6D6E-4542-972B-979CF4D95308.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom